• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah man, totally going to injure myself doing that. Power reverse curl singles at 60% of 1RM are so much worse than doing 30 shitty snatches in a row for time. Your argument is 100% founded on logic and reason and I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up tomorrow and lost close to 90% of all the functionality I have gained from lifting

Post a clip of 100% of 1RM or you are talking shit yet again...

yeah that's it @Shrek ;)

Look I do like a good Crossfit witch burning as much as anyone else, but you do have to admit that you can't just paint every affiliate with the same brush. Even in Mildura we have one box that does proper weight training with a former powerlifter, and another that does the sterotypical shitty form WOD wankery.

The other day I had to carry a 40kg bulky as fark printer 100m down the main street of town. It was at this point I realized just how functional all those deadlifts and farmer's walks really are (IT nerd by occupation)

Everything about this thread is
tumblr_m25xysJiPn1qdneh2.gif

I reckon if oni could do a 100kg reverse curl he would have posted by now.

Cleans are a whole lot harder than deadlifts, so I look forward to oni one day cleaning 100kg.

Cleans are a whole lot harder than deadlifts, so I look forward to oni one day cleaning 100kg.

Yeah. I could clean 125 when I could deadlift 200. Can deadlift close to 100kg more now and doubt my clean is any better. Admittedly I haven't been practicing it.

that is a good clean when you were doing 200kg.

I was similar, 120kg power cleans when doing 215kg dead lift (early 1980s), although did not do latter much then. In fact, I did deadlifts maybe twice in first five years of weights training.

2011, my best power clean was 115kg and did 230kg deadlift in comp, but had learnt a few tricks with deadlift.

I think fast movements require a bit more athleticism, and getting older with accumulated injuries does not help.

Still I would love to get 110kg power clean this year ... and push press it.

However, what I call a power clean, is a clean with a wide stance, not a strict power clean.

Last edited:
that is a good clean when you were doing 200kg.

I was similar, 120kg power cleans when doing 215kg dead lift (early 1980s), although did not do latter much then. In fact, I did deadlifts maybe twice in first five ears of weights.

2011, my best power clean was 115kg and did 230kg in comp, but had learnt a few tricks with deadlift.

I think fast movements require a bit more athleticism, and getting older does not help.

Being taught proper technique and practicing it would help a lot too.

I doubt my self taught technique is very efficient at all.

yes, technique important.

My power clean technique is pretty poor in the sense I have to lift in a way to use my much stronger back.

Unfortunately, for all of my years training, my leg development has always lagged because I did not do enough proper squatting (Olympic style and using legs rather than back).

there is no doubt that Oni has the strength to do 100kg easily. He probably has enough raw strength to do 120kg.

I could power clean 120kg when my best front squat was 120kg and best back squat was 132.5kg at time.

but you actually have to do the movement to get the skill needed to get weight up.

Power cleans is not a hard skill to learn, but trying to reverse curl big weights is that much harder.

Looking at that clip of Oni on 60kg, I would suspect that 100kg would be quite hard.

I hope Oni can prove us all wrong. After all, what is 100kg for a guy squatting 190kg and deadlifting 250kg, not to mention other stuff.

In regard to thread, I agree with Bazza as there are 'many ways to train for many different goals'.

Crossfit is a sound way to train, but personally I don't think one needs to do either Olympic or powerlifts in a serious way for most fitness or sport aims.

Again, they are highly specific skills which require considerable effort and time to master. Crossfit uses all lifts, so some training in them is required for success in that sport. and people who do crossfit, obviously enjoy doing a variety of olympic lifting related lifts.

Tried to do some cleans. Lol. Haven't don't them in years and it showed. Timing was totally off. Bashed the shit out of my legs.

Changed and did strongman log clean and press instead.

You can't sell simple.

simple is what exercise is.

crossfit is a sport and people train to get better at it, it's not designed to be a pursuit of "healthy"
its a good money maker, f45 is following the model, don't be ignorant.

In regard to thread, I agree with Bazza as there are 'many ways to train for many different goals'.

Crossfit is a sound way to train, but personally I don't think one needs to do either Olympic or powerlifts in a serious way for most fitness or sport aims.

Again, they are highly specific skills which require considerable effort and time to master. Crossfit uses all lifts, so some training in them is required for success in that sport. and people who do crossfit, obviously enjoy doing a variety of olympic lifting related lifts.

Im black and white about workouts, it must be brutal, short, not fun, it must hurt like a bitch you should be sweating, your heart thumping and above all it must be super, super safe.

training is NOT "working out."

Yeah. And if this thread was about powerlifting replace the gif with two men spooning.

Powerlifting right now is as much a fad as CrossFit for a lot of people unfortunately, and being able to tag your cool online programmer in your squat videos online is the cool thing. On the one hand that's wack on the other hand those guys are paying meet fees and buying ever product under the sun

based on melbourne's amature showing this year at the grand prix, bodybuilding probably has a much stronger backing that powerlifting.

and then you have those people that hate the bodybuilders so they do strength training and crossfit :p

Powerlifting is no better or worse than crossfit. Both are sports with their own training style. Just that crossfit is much more successful at selling its training method.