• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When is someone, according to you, a 'powerlifter'?

I suppose, in end, being a powerlifter, like say a bb or footballer or any other competitive sport, means you are a competitor willing to put your feats and reputation to the test in front of your peers.

To me, that is what being a competitor is all about. In this sense, albeit I have only done one CAPO comp, but many weightlifting and athletics comps, I could describe myself as a powerlifter. Hopefully a few more comps in 2014 and 2015 will legitimise this possible self description.

The rest is just training. I am not that good a competitor, but don't like training for nothing, and want to reflect my ability, limited as it is now, in official comps.

Last edited:
no, any organised comp is a test, but preferably should be an official one with proper officials and rules with event advertised.

So if i go down the park with some mates for a kick about im not playing footy? What am i doing then..

Fuck is it that hard?

You are kicking the footy with your mates but doesn't make you a footy player. To be a footy player you would have to play an actual game of footy.

Fuck is it that hard?

You are kicking the footy with your mates but doesn't make you a footy player. To be a footy player you would have to play an actual game of footy.

I is clearly hard for you. If i go to the gym to build bigger muscle im bodybuilding, but not according to you. My first comment was i do poweifting not i am a powerlifting, just the same as i go to play footy at the park but im not a footy player. You dumb kunce. Bodybuildig is a passtime/hobby just like going to play footy.

Just seems like elitism to me. Saying someone isnt bodybuilding unless they step on stage. Rediculous, plenty of monsters out there who dont compete and your going to tell them they dont bodybuild?

Non competitive bodybuilder. Lol. So anyone who has ever wanted to look good with big muscles.

I'm a non competitive bodybuilder, powerlifter, rugby player, strongman, cricket player, mma fighter, tennis player, racing car driver. Loooollllll.

Last edited:
RIP in piece AusBB
Rest in peace in peace? lol

Yeah I agree - you shouldn't be repping as a BB'er or Powerlifter unless you compete in actual competition. You're just a lifter who does a BB split or a strength routine.

Refer to the kicking footy vs playing for a club analogy. Dosen't mean you have to be elite tier or anything like that.

I love how you call me dumb and you are the one talking about marring a chick you have known for two weeks and already been bitchin about on here. Fucking lol.

Keep it up non competitive bodybuilder, powerlifter and footy player.

4 weeks, get it right dumbass