• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which row is the best for assisting deadlift and grip strength?

First of all 0ni, am I seeing right, you're using straps for 50kg one arm rows??
And secondly, there's more body language going on than Marcel Marceau

Thread is entitled what row helps your deadlift.

Doing strict text book rows wont benefit your deadlift as much as high volume/weight/intensity.

He deadlifts 905lb
Sorry to disappoint you guys... this is how strong people do their rows

Yeah yeah. Keep lifting like that and you'll have a short lifting career.
Still waiting for that to happen. Still waiting to see evidence of that happening.

Do all rows, db kb bb pendlay upright etc. etc. to get a strong deadlift. But nothing makes a strong deadlift like deadlifting.

I should have been more specific, as an assistance for the deadlift, like improving grip strength, upper back strength etc. I was doing farmer's walks, but it's a bit hazardous in my gym. All of the gurus reckon their particular take on the row is best, hence me posing it as a topic of discussion.

Rubish rows would be possibly the fastest and easiest way to get myself chucked out of my commercial gym lol. Not interested in using straps, I like to do all lifting without such aids.

0ni, I'm perplexed, how can you lift what you do yet have such small calves!?

Why do you find doing the kroc style rows to be a ticket to snap city Silverback?

I should have been more specific, as an assistance for the deadlift, like improving grip strength, upper back strength etc. I was doing farmer's walks, but it's a bit hazardous in my gym. All of the gurus reckon their particular take on the row is best, hence me posing it as a topic of discussion.

Rubish rows would be possibly the fastest and easiest way to get myself chucked out of my commercial gym lol. Not interested in using straps, I like to do all lifting without such aids.

0ni, I'm perplexed, how can you lift what you do yet have such small calves!?

Why do you find doing the kroc style rows to be a ticket to snap city Silverback?

its not the style, all exercises have their benefits.
its the way they jerk, yank and contort their bodies to move the weight.

But this is not the forum to discuss, some think this is fine.

we've worked out that deadlifting helps deadlift, and the usual discussion of 0ni's steroid use lol

Silverback: yeah well I was curious, because Kroc and Wendler reckon it's fine to use sloppy form to move more weight on that particular movement, but for almost everything else, the importance of good form is stressed.

I don't like using guys who are strong as examples to prove the contrary, as their circumstances (experience, AAS use, luck) are different to the average lifter's.