• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which row is the best for assisting deadlift and grip strength?

By hypers you mean back extensions yeah? I do do those too.

the assistance is open ended - I don't have to do a row; any upper back exercise I want. I know the best way to get better at something is to do more of it - doing Boring But Big (5x10 main lift for assistance) seemed silly unless I was going to eat more.

60x20 db row is impressive, I've never seen anyone row or shoulder press over 50.

60kg db rows is not all that crazy. I can get 4 or 5 of them. But 20 is crazy for a 75kg individual.

Tim.

Must have a very solid upper back rowing like that!
Hard to say myself regarding grip strength, have never had issues. Grip specific exercises though... Perhaps weighted hangs from a pull up bar, static holds at the top of a dead lift sound like they could be a good idea

I like Pendlays and 1 arm dumbell rows. More like 35-40kg for 20 reps...WITH actual strict form.

Also, underrated are the inverted rows if you cant set up for chest supported.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Some people recommend a shoulder width grip with your elbows coming up behind you, bringing the bar up to your belly button. Where others recommend a wide grip (same a bench press), more bend in the hips so your back is parallel, and bring the bar to your chest.

I find the wide grip a lot harder, so I do those. However I wonder how it differs in muscles worked.

I found this a good read.
How to Barbell Row: 7 Tips To Master Proper Barbell Row Form StrongLifts

I don't know about any row being the best for assisting deadlift, but my favourite rows are chest supported db rows and wide grip cable rows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumbbells in the gym today only went up to 50kg
I'll get a video with the 60kgs when I next train at that gym
The deficit deadlifts are good for lats as well... I'll increase these up for 20 reps in the next few sessions

Dumbbells in the gym today only went up to 50kg
I'll get a video with the 60kgs when I next train at that gym
The deficit deadlifts are good for lats as well... I'll increase these up for 20 reps in the next few sessions

First of all 0ni, am I seeing right, you're using straps for 50kg one arm rows??
And secondly, there's more body language going on than Marcel Marceau

This is the results it gives
qzUDMQ6.jpg