• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Slightly off topic - Broncos have one of the best strength and conditioning programs in any sport in Australia - they follow a Westside Style program....

still OT: how do you know this? I did the course with Dan Baker and he was pretty secretive on the broncos program. He did say they used bands a fair bit but I don't think that means it is Westside.

One of the most interesting things he said was that they had data that there was a test spike a few days after their heavy sessions so they would plan for these heavy sessions to come up just before facing a strong team.

On topic:
I don't really do specific trap exercises (hence small traps I guess) but I'd say farmers walks first and deadlifts second. The few times I've done shrugs my shoulders feel like shit so I stopped.

Heard the Storm have a really good strength and conditioning department/system in place also - unsure of what they do though totally I do believe its a similar style to the Broncos though - some clubs simply don't put the importance into strength and conditioning like others do though - Its not a secret (I don't think)- does not mean other clubs will pick it up though or not....everyone has different ideas of what players should be doing....

Storm follow Westside.

I train with their S&C coach

still OT: how do you know this? I did the course with Dan Baker and he was pretty secretive on the broncos program. He did say they used bands a fair bit but I don't think that means it is Westside.

One of the most interesting things he said was that they had data that there was a test spike a few days after their heavy sessions so they would plan for these heavy sessions to come up just before facing a strong team.

On topic:
I don't really do specific trap exercises (hence small traps I guess) but I'd say farmers walks first and deadlifts second. The few times I've done shrugs my shoulders feel like shit so I stopped.

An ex-Bronco used to train at my old gym.

Storm follow Westside.

I train with their S&C coach

Yea thought that was the case - cheers mate!

Its a book. People have been sharing books for centuries. I'll give back after im done..

Actually. Keep the book. I dun wan it.

Shrugs and upright rows. As heavy as I can go. Also love to do a sneaky drop set or 2.