• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
When I press overhead whether with a barbell or a dumbell I'm doing it to work the shoulders, not the traps, therefore there is no shrugging involved.

Nor do I lockout the elbows at the top of the movement

wouldn't that not be a full rep if you're not locking out the elbows? The shrugging thing seems to be optional and varies to whoever is instructing on it.

Wow!! not a "full rep"!!
Tragic, who gives a fuck
Post your delts, let the pictures do the talking

wouldn't that not be a full rep if you're not locking out the elbows? The shrugging thing seems to be optional and varies to whoever is instructing on it.
Locking out the elbows has no benefit in working the shoulders, it just places stress on the joint.

Locking out most of the time from a bodybuilding point of view is pointless - takes total tension off the muscle....

Have done 220 for a single. Trippled 200.
I dont train for strength primarily though.

Have you tried loading the bar up and pulling off the pins, above the knee?
See how much you can lift off and hold for like 10 seconds

I always found really heavy weights grew my traps, and my lats, entire back really
Complete opposite of everything else

No problem with back and middle traps, just the upper traps. I'll just keep pluging away. *sigh*

Deadlifts, farmers walks...and I have a sled with two handles I use to pull up high like a face pull, burns my traps.
Gave up shrugs a while ago, only because I find them boring and Farmers walks more fun.

Wow!! not a "full rep"!!
Tragic, who gives a fuck

0ni stay mad.

I'm fully cognizant that this is the BB section, it wasn't an attack on you Darkoz, I just wanted to see what your reasoning was.

I lock out my arms while having the shoulders shrugged up at the top of the lift with a barbell, doesn't seem that hard? I'll get someone to watch me next time I do it.

I use Rip as a go to, because I've read his book and he's generally accepted as teaching compound barbell movements properly (without wanting to start an whole other thread on whether that is the case or not). I thought that BB'ers tend to stay away from deadlifts because they're not conducive to a small waist or something along those lines. Don't know as I don't train like that.

0ni stay mad.

I'm fully cognizant that this is the BB section, it wasn't an attack on you Darkoz, I just wanted to see what your reasoning was.

I lock out my arms while having the shoulders shrugged up at the top of the lift with a barbell, doesn't seem that hard? I'll get someone to watch me next time I do it.

I use Rip as a go to, because I've read his book and he's generally accepted as teaching compound barbell movements properly (without wanting to start an whole other thread on whether that is the case or not). I thought that BB'ers tend to stay away from deadlifts because they're not conducive to a small waist or something along those lines. Don't know as I don't train like that.

Enough of this and that.

I've found traps the easiest body part to grow. Few sets of power shrugs and after a month or so you can see the difference.

Just gotta be heavy power shrugs, end up well above the deadlift.