• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tough Mudder 2014

Yeah I'll go again this year but solo this time, had to baby 3 mates around last year, made it kinda boring, anyone interested, get fit enough to run for 3 hours and you will do great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'll go again this year but solo this time, had to baby 3 mates around last year, made it kinda boring, anyone interested, get fit enough to run for 3 hours and you will do great

Yeah did it with a mate last year who was fit and was great. This year we have a team wand some are definitely not fit, so hopefully won't get too frustrated.

Yeah did it with a mate last year who was fit and was great. This year we have a team wand some are definitely not fit, so hopefully won't get too frustrated.

I though we would of at least be able to shuffle(slow jog) the whole lot, I was wrong, basically walked 2/3rds of the whole thing

I though we would of at least be able to shuffle(slow jog) the whole lot, I was wrong, basically walked 2/3rds of the whole thing

Much the same here when we did the Glenworth Valley Mudder, ended up walking most of it.. partly because it was so muddy along all the trails you couldn't run .

Did it this past year and planning on doing it again this year with the same group! It did take a toll on my knee and hip so I will see how I am when it gets closer but I definitely want to.

Yeah the toll it took on me was not worth the effort. I ran most of it, which in hindsight for me was stupid.
Crook ankle for 2 weeks.
Crook left hammie for 4 weeks.
Crook adductor for 6 weeks.

Took until 2 months ago to get back to squatting what I was pre mudder! Never again!!! :p

Had I taken it easy as planned, I probably woulda been fine. But you cant bloody do that! Too much fun!

Tim.

I'll be doing it again, on Saturday and Sunday this time... Wooo

Much the same here when we did the Glenworth Valley Mudder, ended up walking most of it.. partly because it was so muddy along all the trails you couldn't run .

That was the first TM yea? IMO best one so far.

a couple of mates were trying to get me into this this year; I figured that since I can't run 10km, I'd probably slow them down, however it sounds like it's not really that much of a 'run'.

a couple of mates were trying to get me into this this year; I figured that since I can't run 10km, I'd probably slow them down, however it sounds like it's not really that much of a 'run'.

I can't run from crap either but you just get on with it even a light jog is ok. You'll wanna run when you see people that have started an hour after you run past you though lol.

Ouch! Getting expensive.

Am also looking at doing a Spartan next year, there is a sprint and the beast on at the same time in Brissy in May so see how I am closer to it. I'm planning a big year next year. Last couple of years I've done Tough Mudder and realistically used 3 months prep then went back to just lifting but I'm enjoying the physical challenges so fitness is my main goal next year so hopefully I'll end up doing a Spartan, City2south (14km run), Tough Mudder and Bridge to Brisbane (10k run) and maybe another smaller Mud run if I find one.