• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you joke around and have FUN in the GYM or do you keep it all BUSINESS?

I train alone. I wish for no outside disturbance unless it's a hot chick asking for a spot.

muahahahhaha

Keep it business. There is plenty more hours in the day for joking around.

Especially seeing I'm usually working within time constraints so I don't have time to be joking around...

I try and train alone but will occasionally train with one or two other guys at work. They always joke around during sets when everyone is resting but if one or more of us are lifting then it's business time

I joke around, well known in my gym. Speak to guys between sets and when its 45 seconds i tell em back on. you become friends with them and use them to your advantage as a spot.

We joke around at the gym all the time. Mate and I have actually learnt to moonwalk during the rest times between sets (not leg days obviously). Never know when a good moonwalk could save your life.

When its time to lift though, serious faces on!

I like to hide behind/near large pieces of equipment.. Then I wait for someone to load it up with plates until their on their max working set and BOOM jump out and surprise them.

Sometimes I'll offer to spot someone going for a pb on the bench and instead of just lightly keeping my hands on the bar as they de-rack it, i'll push down with all my might and tell them they should better assess their own strength before trying such a heavy weight next time.

:cool:

I train on my pat. Phone is left inside & on silent. I dont want to be disturbed, so I try and train while my family is asleep or out of the house (try keeping a 6 year old daughter inside lol). I dont have a heap of time to train, so when I do, it has to be 100%.

Train by myself. Fuck having other people around. Had a friend who wanted to use my gym. I said no worries, I use it from 8am to 10 everyday, don't be there those times.

The only joke is the weights I'm lifting. I read forum between sets unless my 4 or 6 year old have come down to do some squats. They like to joke, or maybe they're serious when they say I didn't do enough reps.

The camp gym is full of us jokers, but prior and during a set it's dead serious. What kind of miserable karnts cant have a little laugh between sets, share some knowledge and egg each other on.

I am one of those weird personalities, either train solid with little talking and short rests; or

talk non-stop and fuck my own session up and probably others.

Even when I occasionally train with others, there is too much talk and rest between sets, so don't do it often.

I always had a little bit of fun when I trained in town. I was never going to be Mr Olympia so not much point in taking myself seriously to the point of being a dick.

The sets interrupt my talking shit, got to stop and lift some so I can get back to shooting shit.

I don't mind having a chat with the old blokes or my mates that go to the same gym, but sometimes it gets hard when people want to talk for 5 minutes plus as I'd rather keep going with what I'm doing.

One dude spent 15 mins texting in between bench presses the other day. I did 4 sets while he did none.