• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2014 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
This data was lifted directly from vivaf1.com

cQftjoy.png

Weather
n0KoUlK.png

Schedule
Code:
Practice 1 Fri 12:30
Practice 2 Fri 16:30
Practice 3 Sat 14:00
Qualifying Sat 17:00
Race Sun 17:00
(times are AEDST)

2014 Teams & Drivers
  • Red Bull Infinity (1. Sebastian Vettel / 3. Daniel Ricciardo)
  • Mercedes Petronas (44. Lewis Hamilton / 6. Nico Rosberg)
  • Ferrari (14. Fernando Alonso / 7. Kimi Raikkonen)
  • Lotus-Renault (8. Romain Grosjean / 13. Pastor Maldonado)
  • McLaren-Mercedes (22. Jenson Button / 20. Kevin Magnussen)
  • Force India-Mercedes (27. Nico Hulkenburg / 11. Sergio Perez)
  • Sauber-Ferrari (99. Adrian Sutil / 21. Esteban Gutierrez)
  • Torro Rosso-Renault (25. Jean-Eric Vergne / 26. Daniil Kvyat)
  • Williams-Mercedes (19. Felipe Massa / 77. Valterri Bottas)
  • Marussia-Ferrari (17. Jules Bianchi / 4. Max Chilton)
  • Caterham-Renault (10. Kamui Kobayashi / 9. Marcus Ericsson)
AcVb4zw.jpg

Previous Winners

2013Kimi RäikkönenLotus-Renault
2012Jenson ButtonMcLaren-Mercedes
2011Sebastian VettelRed Bull-Renault
2010Jenson ButtonMcLaren-Mercedes
2009Jenson ButtonBrawn-Mercedes
2008Lewis HamiltonMcLaren-Mercedes
2007Kimi RäikkönenFerrari
2006Fernando AlonsoRenault
2005Giancarlo FisichellaRenault
2004Michael SchumacherFerrari
Tyres

The tyre compounds have all been made harder since 2013 but retain the same tiers. This means that for example a Medium in 2013 is roughly the equivalent of a Soft from 2014 in terms of durability and potential distance covered.

Hard - Orange
Medium - White
Soft - Yellow
Super Soft - Red
Intermediate - Green
Full Wet - Blue

w083xww.png

Yeah all the other rule changes have made thd cars still a few seconds slower a lap and sound like crap compared to previous years

They sound fuken shit, like a WRX with a 4" halfwit muffler.
The high pitched scream that sends a shiver down your spine is gone.

Bring back the V12s.

its a combo of 4 things:
Smaller 1.6L V6
HP reduced by over 100
RPM reduced from 18k to 15k
Single exhaust
ERS turbine in the exhaust
= sound that you would expect from a Northen suburbs fully crazy WRX, not an F1.
Very disappointed about it, this is my 3rd consecutive day bitching about it.

Yep I was there, sound like rubbish. The V8's are louder now, even the Carerra Cup cars are louder.

Crowds will drop off for sure.

Yep I was there, sound like rubbish. The V8's are louder now, even the Carerra Cup cars are louder.

Crowds will drop off for sure.

I've been once, probably about 10 years ago. Think they were the v12s then? The noise was eat splitting, even with ear plugs in. They where unbelievable, the sound now would definatlely take away from the experience.

In other news Ricciardo lost his second placing due to some bullshit, not his fault. Team is appealing.

I've been once, probably about 10 years ago. Think they were the v12s then? The noise was eat splitting, even with ear plugs in. They where unbelievable, the sound now would definatlely take away from the experience.

From 2006 they went to 2.4L V8's from V10's, still deafening. Definitely takes away from the experience, as much as 90% for me.

To give an example, they run a speed comparison test. So a road car, a V8 super car and and this year a 2011 F1 car (V8 engine) line up together at the start line. The road takes off, 20 seconds or so later the V8 will take off then about the same again the F1 car will take off. The idea is they try and get all the cars to hit the finish line at the same time.

Where I was (Turn 1), you could hear the 2011 F1 car around the whole track. This years car, you can't hear it after turn 3.

Its not some bullshit.. Redbull were cheating, intentionaly or unintentionaly.. Who knows

Was an unapproved fuel monitoring system, helped them manage their fuel load during the race, not a power aid of any sort, according to the latestupdate anyway.

Was an unapproved fuel monitoring system, helped them manage their fuel load during the race, not a power aid of any sort, according to the latestupdate anyway.

they were told they were runnin too much fuel in the race and ignored it. I fail to see how running higher fuel rates would not give an advantage...

From 2006 they went to 2.4L V8's from V10's, still deafening. Definitely takes away from the experience, as much as 90% for me.

To give an example, they run a speed comparison test. So a road car, a V8 super car and and this year a 2011 F1 car (V8 engine) line up together at the start line. The road takes off, 20 seconds or so later the V8 will take off then about the same again the F1 car will take off. The idea is they try and get all the cars to hit the finish line at the same time.

Where I was (Turn 1), you could hear the 2011 F1 car around the whole track. This years car, you can't hear it after turn 3.

Being in melbourne f1 week back then. I could hear the cars in Hawthorn.