• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lisa Cross - Anorexia to Bodybuilder

It makes me wonder whether for her they are just two different symptoms of the same psychological problem.

"I feel feminine and I feel sexy". I wonder how much the journalist lured her into saying that.

e.g.

article-2424291-1BE3E3ED000005DC-751_634x886.jpg

If it saved her life then congrats to her for making a change.

Is there much of a psychological difference between Anorexia and Bigorexia?

I'm not sure that taking copious amounts of drugs to masculinise her body and consuming mega amount of calories would save her life.

It makes me wonder whether for her they are just two different symptoms of the same psychological problem.

It's not uncommon for an anorexic to swap one obsession for another. The danger is that if they go off the rails, they can fall back into the anorexia pit of despair. Because the psychological stuff has not been addressed and technically they aren't cured.

I was so wary (probably still am) of not ever letting myself get obsessed about anything or addicted to anything for that very reason.
Always wanted to be 1000% sure I was 1000% over it.

She's seriously not natty though, is she???!!!!!

Her face is oddly masculine. Looks a tad transgender :-/

It's not uncommon for an anorexic to swap one obsession for another. The danger is that if they go off the rails, they can fall back into the anorexia pit of despair. Because the psychological stuff has not been addressed and technically they aren't cured.

I was so wary (probably still am) of not ever letting myself get obsessed about anything or addicted to anything for that very reason.
Always wanted to be 1000% sure I was 1000% over it.

She's seriously not natty though, is she???!!!!!

Clearly not natty! Lol

If it saved her life then congrats to her for making a change.

Is there much of a psychological difference between Anorexia and Bigorexia?

Probably but at its core, each one is about control and trying to be "perfect" ... whatever the catalyst/issues were that kicked it off.

LOL!! Just cracked up cos I thought of how tiny I still am ... mega fail on my part.

Where's my Japanese BB inspiration??? :eek: