• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What food do you bring for meets?

I take a lot of stuff but I usually end up taking it all back home. Too nervous and stirred up to eat. So mainly one meat and sweet potato meal after weigh in then protein drinks with small amount of carbs (50g WPI, 25g dextrose). Lots of coffee, home made espresso. Usually have a bag of almonds or mixed nuts on the way home then pig out on fish and chips or KFC with a beer. I reckon that 2 or 3 of those a year is OK.

Not PL but before footy I'll have a pie and coke or maybe a hamburger and some chips.

Chicken salad sandwich if there is nothing better.

Not PL but before footy I'll have a pie and coke or maybe a hamburger and some chips.

Chicken salad sandwich if there is nothing better.

Ate like that back in the school boy footy days, you're missing a snickers though, balanced meal for a kid back then really. Haha.

Ate like that back in the school boy footy days, you're missing a snickers though, balanced meal for a kid back then really. Haha.

Remember a story from rep footy back as a kid.

The coach dragged a kid to the bench. Been off for a few minutes and the coach goes to put him back on but he wasn't there. They look around and he is at the canteen smashing a hotdog and some chips. Lol.

Usually take shakes with 20gm pro/40gm carbs.
Plus bananas.
Then hit a restaurant afterwards and order half the menu.

Tim.

Same as bazza not before PL but before/after footy - normally have a big carb up meal in the morning oats/honey/protein powder/peanut butter all mixed together, Powerade or Gatorade - prob x 3-5 over the hours before footy + water - then to be honest I'll have have a high carb protein bar about 2 hours before and thats it - I really cant eat much after the morning before footy - then afterwards - whatever....

I'm the opposite, pretty much stuff my face before and during the meet and am not hungry afterwards.

don't really eat much on competition day, too nervous. Will have a light breakfast and some light food during day, mainly concerned with fluid.

24hr weigh ins means I'm already stuffed from the day before.

I normally have some fruit, some pop tarts and I typically sip on bcaa's (gut doesn't seem to like whey during training).

No breakfast generally, as i'm a fatty trying to make a weight class because i am retarded. Then after weigh in fluids, candy, caffeine. Cheesy bread worked well to settle my gut from nerves/influx of food.

Only solid food I had was a protein bar, smashed a 12 pack of cokes and heaps of protein powder