• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When are you guys doing upright rows?

I find they work best as part of your shoulder workout, especially at the end when your shoulders are fatigued and you can really feel the exercise.

If they hurt, chances are you're doing them wrong. Elbows need to come up first, and no higher than shoulder height. The bar should also be very close to the body.

I do a push/pull split, and I do them on pull days. Don't do them all the time though, tend to alternate between upright rows and shrugs.

As steveP said, I don't lift elbows higher then shoulder height, as that's where you can hurt yourself.

You guys that do them are you using wide or narrow grip? When I was doing them I'd use wide grip to hit the delts moreso than the traps.

yeah i use a wider grip usually about shoulder width to hit the delts as well, if i find i am hitting the traps or something else i will change grip till i feel it in my delts.

i differ from wide and narrow during the reps, slow and intensity is high, but only 2 sets.
its such a strong exercise hitting the front delts that anymore would = a unbalance, more time is dedicated towards side and most importantly REAR delts.