• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

14 year old Maryana Naumova goes for a new PB 300 lb bench press at the 2014 Arnold X

Its because you're not involved in the sport and really don't understand it obviously, there's nothing easy or simple about a setting up the ways she does, or about her being able to handle 150kg at her age and weight. It's beyond impressive. If you don't care, who cares, just don't be disparaging, and it would help if you weren't constantly negative about these things.

Lol. I'm not consistently negative about it. Just pointing out something that I think takes away from the sport. Powerlifters for some reason unlike any other sport believe that others views mean little.

To me powerlifting should be about strength. Not contorting your body in a way that you can move the bar a couple inches. If I want to see extreme flexibility I could watch gymnastics.

I play footy and have said plenty of things I don't like about it anymore. It's not like I am just picking stuff out about powerlifting.

Just my opinion buddy.

Lol. I'm not consistently negative about it. Just pointing out something that I think takes away from the sport. Powerlifters for some reason unlike any other sport believe that others views mean little.

To me powerlifting should be about strength. Not contorting your body in a way that you can move the bar a couple inches. If I want to see extreme flexibility I could watch gymnastics.

I play footy and have said plenty of things I don't like about it anymore. It's not like I am just picking stuff out about powerlifting.

Just my opinion buddy.

Yeah, you are constantly negative about this shit.

Powerlifting is about strength but its also about competitive advantage within the rules. If you want a no-arched powerlifting comp then go and start your own fed which bans arching.

I think she should widen her grip to shorten her ROM, like the Chinese girl who fair dinkum had a 2" ROM.

Japanese benchers have developed a technique where they turn their wrists in so their grip is still legal but their wrist are spread wider than legal hand width. Its hell on the wrists but knocks just that little bit more off the ROM.

Japanese benchers have developed a technique where they turn their wrists in so their grip is still legal but their wrist are spread wider than legal hand width. Its hell on the wrists but knocks just that little bit more off the ROM.
Yeah sorry the Jap girl. I was being fair dinkum, she had such a short ROM, I don't know how her wrists can cope. OUCH!!!!!!

With the back arched so much like that i swear there must be about 4 inches of movement?
This is what all the caffufle is about. The non-powerlifting community find it ridiculous but to the PL''s it's seen as an awesome lift. Go figure. :)

This is what all the caffufle is about. The non-powerlifting community find it ridiculous but to the PL''s it's seen as an awesome lift. Go figure. :)

Its the same as any other sport, cheating within the rules for competitive advantage. I think a lot of gym bros just think powerlifting is the same as gym lifting but its not. Its an international sport and quite highly revered in some countries (not here though obviously). Also gym bros think its as easy as arching your back to make your lift easier, its not, it takes a lot of practice and often you need to make adjustments to your bench style. There are benchers out there who just use it to make up for a poor bench but they're still crap benchers even with the arch.

If it's cheating then feel free to go ahead and try it. Be sure to post up a video of you benching with an arch like that lol

It would be an awful rule, even just for the difficulty in reffing the rule, and luckily the overwhelming majority of the powerlifting community agree.

I know it would be difficult to ref never said any different.

Do you think watching couple inch rom benches is what you want in the sport?

Am I gonna get another infraction for having an opinion?

Hey Bazza!
You seem to be confused! That's OK! I am here to help you!
Powerlifting isn't a spectator sport! It's built around putting up the most weight you can while sticking to the pre determined rules! It's not made to be interesting for people to watch!
If you don't want to watch it then that's ok too, Bazza!

Thanks Bazza!

I know it would be difficult to ref never said any different.

Do you think watching couple inch rom benches is what you want in the sport?

Am I gonna get another infraction for having an opinion?

The minimal ROM benches are hardly the norm so it doesn't bother most people. You rarely see powerlifters complaining about it.

And no you're not going to get another infraction for this opinion because you're being more constructive in your comments.