• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

14 year old Maryana Naumova goes for a new PB 300 lb bench press at the 2014 Arnold X

There isn't an argument, it's just that nobody within the sport cares for the opinion of those outside it, i liken it to people yelling at the tv during sports say how they would do it.

Keep the bullshit out of this section guys. If you're just going to come in here and make negative comments about powerlifting then you're posts are just going to get deleted and you're going to be penalised. End of fucking story. It'd be nice to build this section back into a place of serious strength/powerlifting discussion one day and that shit ain't welcome.

Lol. Can't post anything that's not positive about powerlifting now. Lol. Great moderating.

Snore.

You can discuss powerlifting and discuss you're reasons for your opinions but if you just wander in here to disparage the sport then you can get deleted and penalised.

I asked if powerlifting is even a sport
I get an infraction
reason - inappropriate language

makes sense.

Wrong. Never mentioned arched.

I said I can't get excited by couple inch ROM. To me no different to the bros at the gym doing 1/4 rom benches.

Its because you're not involved in the sport and really don't understand it obviously, there's nothing easy or simple about a setting up the ways she does, or about her being able to handle 150kg at her age and weight. It's beyond impressive. If you don't care, who cares, just don't be disparaging, and it would help if you weren't constantly negative about these things.

I think she should widen her grip to shorten her ROM, like the Chinese girl who fair dinkum had a 2" ROM.

Ben, can you provide info that extreme arching of the lumbar is in fact safe?

Can if provide that, no. I've had back problems myself from arching because I am too immobile and was using too much lumbar arch. I know train for more thoracic arch to fix the issue. However I know a lot of girls and women who can arch like that without a care and have never had issues because of their mobility. But regardless of whether its safe or not its still part of the sport.