• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice on types of belts.

mike367

I'm thinking about getting a belt. I have a bit of a bad back and I tweak it every few months.

I dont know much about belts, so a little advice would be welcome.

thanks

Here's one to watch out for.

I've had this less than a year, and it's coming undone.

If they had just used an extra centimetre of webbing, it would have been OK, but the seam was right on the end of the webbing. Very annoying.

~$40 from Rebel Sport Westfield Parramatta.
DSC07863.jpgDSC07864.jpgDSC07862.jpg

Last edited:
I had a cheaper one for a while but a while ago I purchased the 13mm pro lever belt from [MENTION=5105]IRON TANKS[/MENTION]; and couldn't be happier with it. It's rock solid. I wish I had have got that one in the first place. It's probably a bit more pricey than some belts available at places like rebel etc but like you said you have a bad back so might be worth getting a really good quality one straight off the bat.

I got mine from muscle driver Aus, $40 or something like that. In my opinion your belt should be the same width all the way around. Not thicker at the back

I have never personally used sting, so not sure what their gear is like. Sometimes you might have just received a dud which happens. Sandin they might replace that for you, so perhaps get in touch with them.

In terms of belts, the 10mm and 13mm are pretty heavy duty, and if you've never worn a belt before they might take some getting used to. Tough cowhide leather the same width all the way around. Both the quick release and lever belts use the same leather, with a slightly different stitching pattern. But ultimately they offer the same support just a different mechanism of tightening the belt.

We have got some more neoprene varieties, as well as an Olympic weightlifting belt. It's slightly contoured, made from leather but a little less harsh than the lever & quick release in terms of thickness (7mm). It will still offer great support. However, the quick release and lever varieties will offer the most support if you're into powerlifting moreso than bodybuilding.

The small and medium levers are currently out of stock, we have a shipment arriving end of March for this years Fitness Expo in Melbourne. We have taken about 20 pre orders for them so if you're wanting to secure anything in particular we can do that.

Cheers,

Thanks guys,

why is a belt that's the same width all round better?

Is leather better than the nylon or neoprene?

I've seen lots of different styles on e-bay, lots are around the $30 to $40 mark. Buckle not those lever ones.

The belt isn't for your back, it's for your core, the front is just as important as the back. It makes no sense for it to be wider at the back and smaller at the front.