• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle Building Mistakes

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member

What are the biggest mistakes you made, and that you see beginners make when they are trying to build muscle?

Notes to participants:

1) Participants should ignoring how others respond and not just chime in with "what he said", if this makes sense. This doesn't mean answers have to be long. I would just prefer them to be independent of what others are saying.

2) Answers can be as long or short as you desire. I want this e-book to be organic and not something that becomes a burden for those responding.

My biggest mistake when I started out was not eating enough, and thus not fueling growth. When I finally learned how to eat, my biggest mistake was eating too much, and thus rapidly going from skinny to skinny-fat. I'm still paying the costs of that. These same two mistakes are made pretty consistently by a lot of beginners. We either don't know that we need to eat to build muscle (in my case, I grew up being told "food makes you fat," without any guidance whatsoever on how food is actually beneficial beyond vegetables have vitamins and milk has calcium), or we do know that we need to eat to build muscle and get recommended ridonculous, irresponsible nutritional programs like GOMAD. Or we just get told to consume a pile of supplements.

Not bulking enough as a teen - spent to much time trying to cut - should of taken advantage of that time more.

Going clubbing and drinking alcohol on weekends instead of bedding down like a sloth to sleep the tiredness and muscle soreness away.

Beginners tend to worry too much about nutrition and not about working hard enough in the gym, this goes for most.

I agree with silverback. My biggest mistake was not realising how much volume I need as a beginner-intermediate lifter.

Too much weight on some exercises. Weighted wide grip chins led to years of upper back issues.

Being young and drinking on weekends.