• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is Sugar Toxic - 60 Minutes Investigates

There are studies representing a causal link between excess sugar consumption and health implications, noone has proven why yet, so they are simply causal links.

Fat is useful to the body. Your organs and brain are made up of fats. Amongst the other benefits of good fats.

Last edited:
I suppose you could make the debate it's the most convenient source, but your daily intake of regular carbs will be more than enough to supply the brain with energy.

If sugar had no adverse affects, then cool, go wild with it. But it's not as simple as calories in vs calories out. Sugar is high in fructose, which doesn't occur naturally in the body. It can only be metobolised by the liver. A high sugar diet overloads the liver and causes a bunch of health problems. It's also a leading contributor to bad cholesterol. It also causes a dopamine release in the brain, making it highly addictive. If you have strong will power, great. But most don't and over indulge in sugary foods/drinks.

I suppose you could make the debate it's the most convenient source, but your daily intake of regular carbs will be more than enough to supply the brain with energy.

If sugar had no adverse affects, then cool, go wild with it. But it's not as simple as calories in vs calories out. Sugar is high in fructose, which doesn't occur naturally in the body. It can only be metobolised by the liver. A high sugar diet overloads the liver and causes a bunch of health problems. It's also a leading contributor to bad cholesterol. It also causes a dopamine release in the brain, making it highly addictive. If you have strong will power, great. But most don't and over indulge in sugary foods/drinks.

God this is terrible. Fructose doesn't occur naturally in the body so its bad. Lol. Come on, that doesn't even make sense.

Who cares if fructose is metabolized by the liver. Show examples of people with an overloaded liver due to fructose. What are these other health problems?

Sugar is addictive? Fatty foods can also be very easy to overeat and addictive. Give me pizza and fish and chips over sugary foods any day of the week. I'd even rather eat bucket loads of nuts and cheese than sugary foods. Does than now mean protein and fats are evil because they can be very easily overeaten.

Any foods can be overeaten. Its not the fault of the food it's the fault of the person.

Sugar being evil is just the newest fad.

The problem isnt sugar but excess sugar. Working in a supermarket I get to see what obese people buy and its always the same, cereal, cake, bread, lollies, chocolate etc. Atleast its 99% fat free! Excess calories = excess body fat. Excess body fat = health problems.

The problem isnt sugar but excess sugar. Working in a supermarket I get to see what obese people buy and its always the same, cereal, cake, bread, lollies, chocolate etc. Atleast its 99% fat free! Excess calories = excess body fat. Excess body fat = health problems.

Excess anything. Not just sugar.

Not nececelary Bazz, excess sugar has got to be worse than excess vegetables

Excess water can kill you so can excess oxygen.

People just like to jump on one thing and class it as evil with out any proper reasoning because its much simpler than the real story.