• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Single Prong Vs. Double Prong Belts

Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE1.jpg

That's more or less what I imagine behind the keyboard. Some cross between it and the comic book store owner from the simpsons, anyway.

not really an argument, just an observation. I thought maybe it had something to do with the training?

I don't know what you're on about bozodos. If anything there are more light and middle weights in IPF and more heavyweights elsewhere. That's my observation, internationally at least. Bit different in Australia. Lots of unreal light and middleweight lifters in GPC. Not as many lightweights in CAPO though.

just seemed to me that in the heavier classes at least GPC has a lot more muscular looking lifters than GPC. I'd heard it was also due to being equipped / raw.

Painting with a very broad brush (so no one get dere panties in a wad), once you hit the heavier classes in equipped, there is an advantage in being big, even fat. That's because (without getting too sciencey) the larger surface area and mass produces a foundation for greater force. This is compounded by the use of a compression suit. Without the suit, any extra fat is still helpful but not as much as having it all wrapped in a rubber band.

With the lighter weight classes, unequipped (raw), any extra fat is dead weight. You might even get bumped up into a heavier weight class while having no more muscle than a guy 10-20kg lighter than you.

While this is not a hard and fast situation, generally you want to be leaner when lifting raw. If you pack on 10kg of bodyweight to put you in the next weight class, you better have 10kg of new muscle, not fat and water.

If you look at the IPF and CAPO raw lifters, you will see that they tend to be more "powerbuilder" looking than the equipped fatties.

Dan Green. Richard Hawthorn,
Nghiep Luu,
Michael Tucshcherer. Big and small, they are all pretty lean. Not bodybuilder lean, but good enough to walk around with their shirt off.

Once the raw lifters get over 120kg, you do tend to find them a bit chubbier, mostly because having a bodyweight over 120kg (especially drug free) is kinda difficult without the help of some love handles.

Last edited:
The lighter equipped lifters can be pretty jacked as well
Really there is no excuse for being a fatty unless you're going after a SHW record

Painting with a very broad brush (so no one get dere panties in a wad), once you hit the heavier classes in equipped, there is an advantage in being big, even fat. That's because (without getting too sciencey) the larger surface area and mass produces a foundation for greater force. This is compounded by the use of a compression suit. Without the suit, any extra fat is still helpful but not as much as having it all wrapped in a rubber band.

With the lighter weight classes, unequipped (raw), any extra fat is dead weight. You might even get bumped up into a heavier weight class while having no more muscle than a guy 10-20kg lighter than you.

While this is not a hard and fast situation, generally you want to be leaner when lifting raw. If you pack on 10kg of bodyweight to put you in the next weight class, you better have 10kg of new muscle, not fat and water.

If you look at the IPF and CAPO raw lifters, you will see that they tend to be more "powerbuilder" looking than the equipped fatties.

Dan Green. Richard Hawthorn,
Nghiep Luu,
Michael Tucshcherer. Big and small, they are all pretty lean. Not bodybuilder lean, but good enough to walk around with their shirt off.

Once the raw lifters get over 120kg, you do tend to find them a bit chubbier, mostly because having a bodyweight over 120kg (especially drug free) is kinda difficult without the help of some love handles.

thanks for the detailed explanation