• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My 2014 Crossfit open Log

I have just come back from a 2 month break of crossfit and any other lifting/gym work. My first workout back was 14.1 went 221 reps on Friday and 258 Monday. I dont mind the looks of 14.2 expecting to finish up in the 3rd round somewhere.

I had another go at 14.1 this morning, first I did:

4 rounds of
8 back squats @80kg
45 double unders
5 strict pull ups
200m row

Then
14.1, 4 reps worse than last time

Then

300kb swings

14.2 is going suck ass I suspect

14.2 is harder than it looks, squats seem light but add up very quick, not many in our gym he made it to the 14's, the trick is to break the pull-ups up into small sets of 3-4 from the start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doms in my quads are horrible, I want to have another go tomorrow but I'm very sore

I had another go today, got 140reps out, 4 shy of getting into the 16's, I will have another of tomorrow or Tuesday morning as I think making the 16 will be slightly above average

Nice work mate, if you can get those 4 reps it will really push you up the board!
agreed, I just got to work out how to squeeze those 4 reps out, I went sets of 3 C2b with 5 sec break from the get go which felt good until the second set of 14's which is were I fell apart, I might go sets of 2 when I hit the 14's hopefully i can keep moving that way, I held the squats unbroken, up untuil the 14's which I dropped the bar to my shoulders had a quick shake out and finished the sets which felt ok, only 1 guy at our gym has hit the 16's, our coach is back tomorrow, I believe he will almost finish the 18's, very well suited to him this workout

What about quick singles? Use a bar that you don't have to jump to, quick kip, chest to bar and let to with no controlled lower, reach up, go again. Conserve energy with no jump and energy with no lower or continuous swing? Just a thought

Yeah I think the idea is just to keep moving, the lady coach from our gym is going to do doubles, I'll see how that works for her,

redid the workout made it into the 16's, so ended up adding 40reps to my previous score with a new total of 180 reps, it was painful

Awesome effort mate! I just had a crack, 39 reps, crushed me. I think if I was in the Open and I had to, I could have done the extra rep in the time but I don't think I would have made it past the 12. There was nothing enjoyable about this one.

Awesome effort mate! I just had a crack, 39 reps, crushed me. I think if I was in the Open and I had to, I could have done the extra rep in the time but I don't think I would have made it past the 12. There was nothing enjoyable about this one.

Only a handful at our gym made it past 12's, very deceiving workout, I'm glad I'm done with it,

I wasn't prepared for how my legs would feel after this one. I know you said earlier. I can only imagine how yours are feeling at the moment lol :D

I wasn't prepared for how my legs would feel after this one. I know you said earlier. I can only imagine how yours are feeling at the moment lol :D
Saturday and Sunday after my first attempt were the worse, felt like my legs had been beaten with bats, the pain people were going through with this workout was crazy was absolute leg torture

After 2 weeks I'm currently sitting 602 in Australia and 8605 in the world, pretty happy as I am aiming at top 25% by the end
qy8y5aju.jpg

y6u8u7y6.jpg

That's awesome mate!! I'm looking at having a crack next year and was hoping for top 1000 in Aus. I've got a lot of work to do...

That's awesome mate!! I'm looking at having a crack next year and was hoping for top 1000 in Aus. I've got a lot of work to do...

I'm going to give it a real hard go next year, just need to be decent at everything, most the guys at my gym have certain movements they suck at, one for example no overhead mobility, so after workout 1 he was ahead of me now after overhead squats I'm almost 800 positions ahead of him, next workout released tomorrow, hoping for weights above 60kg