• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2nd Week?

I don't have an opinion either way, but why do you think it's stupid?

It has progression, has a rep till failure type set
it has bulk higher rep assistance and it has a deload/easy week before starting it all over again with slightly more weight.

I don't have an opinion either way, but why do you think it's stupid?

It has progression, has a rep till failure type set
it has bulk higher rep assistance and it has a deload/easy week before starting it all over again with slightly more weight.

Ok it's good.

most people need a "program" like they need ebola

I have to somewhat agree - I think its good to be able to do your own thing and go by feel sometimes - def if your a beginner lifter - of course have your "structure" but dont be affraid to try different exercises/rep ranges etc - only way you learn really - if you restrict yourself to one set thing and dont move out of that program it can really restrict your improvment/gains.

People do programs because they LIKE structure. People are just obsessional like that. Cats are as well, like cats will sit on a certain square in a patterned carpet and not go outside it lol. Crazy
But if you look at evolution, needing a program to make gains doesn't make sense. Sure you can do it, why the fuck not- but it's by no means necessary. Different muscle groups will recover faster than others and different exercises will be easier to recover from than others. So frequency of each particular lift will vary massively. You're much better off doing something just when you feel like doing it, imo. Sometimes I will slack off, then I'll stick to a program I design just to force myself to do more but that's really the only time- when I'm slacking

Interesting read.. I personally have gotten more gains and enjoyment from 5/3/1 than I did from 5x5.

Doesn't mean I think one is better than the other, just works for me.

Does this mean I'm stupid?

so let me get this straight - 5/3/1 is a program best suited to cats 0ni? Doges should do SS + GOMAD?

Going by your own logic, why do you use steroids then? Maybe you were just 'slacking off'.

Interesting read.. I personally have gotten more gains and enjoyment from 5/3/1 than I did from 5x5.

Doesn't mean I think one is better than the other, just works for me.

Does this mean I'm stupid?

youre stupid

but what you write is spot on dude

OK, Finished my 3rd heavy day in a row (Deads, Chest, QUADS) and being honest, my workout today suffered. It could be a bit early to call it, but the heavy/lite programme wether it's called speed day or not, may be a good thing. I'll try heavy alternating exercises for the next 3 days and make a conclusion on the limited data i have obtained.

so let me get this straight - 5/3/1 is a program best suited to cats 0ni? Doges should do SS + GOMAD?

Going by your own logic, why do you use steroids then? Maybe you were just 'slacking off'.

Steroids don't give you gains, you can't just slack off on them just the same as natural.
When diet and training is on point, they are a magic bullet though. If diet is off you turn into a fat turd, if training is off you're a weak and fat turd

Which is why so many people that take hormones in public gyms look like shit.

Most people will be better off with some sort of program.

Training by feel for most people just tends to lead to random bullshit training. Spinning their wheels for years and convincing themselves their diet and training is spot and they need to jump on the gear to get that elusive two plate bench.

Training by feel for most people just tends to lead to random bullshit training. Spinning their wheels for years and convincing themselves their diet and training is spot and they need to jump on the gear to get that elusive two plate bench.

It's not elusive for me :)

and this is what I see in the gym, every day. People spinning their wheels, looking at the laminated sheets on the wall for inspiration to do random exercises at a random number of reps. Kinda like Crossfit without time limits. I started out on this sort of "training" and it was a big pile of shit. I progressed, simply from not being sedentary to actually lifting, but it was nothing on starting an actual routine. Maybe if you've hit your physique and lifting goals; ie the beach body "fukken zeezbrah" crowd, and you're just maintaining it might not matter.

I always thought being an amateur endocrinologist was best done after 5+ years of training to surpass genetic potential and/or keep more than a realistic amount of muscle at a lower bodyfat %. I also recall a controversial study of Testosterone injections that showed that LBM was acquired even without stimulus, can't remember if that was debunked or not though.