• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pullup Progress And Improvement Thread

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
A thread to continue progress and improvement on strict pullups. Both bodyweight and weighted.

Discuss and log your progress on what is a definative strength benchmark and arguably the best upper back excersise you can do.

The goal is to help motivate people to improve full range consecutive pullups as per challenge and weighted pullups.

So formal bodyweight challenge , weighted for single rep or any variation you are trying to improve.

Constructive comments on form ,however , no beat downs on people for posting vids that aren't super strict form

Can anyone tell me how to upload a vid?

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert photos from your albums (?) in this way too.

have recently started doing pull-ups, 3 sets x 5 reps @ 105kg.

as far as I've seen, I'm the only person do full range of motion pull-ups at my gym.

unfortunately i cant do em, when i start doing them i get mad tennis elbow in my left elbow, strangely enough lat pull down of a similar weight dont do it, i have tried a number of times and always a week or two into trying again the elbow flairs up.....