• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Answer me this? PLEASE

Thanks ONI and Strong Enough, the only reason I started the Powerlifting routine is that every person I speak with says I can't continue doing what I am doing, that I have to choose one ie: Powerlifting/ bodybuilding/ strongman etc.

That's a pile of bullshit, its quite possible to successfully combine methodology from all three.

PS: If I can just add 5 sets of speed legs and Deads like I do with bench, I am more than happy to continue doing what I was doing.

Honestly I would recommend a split with more frequency which has you benching, squatting and deadlifting 2-3 times a week each at least. This will build strength faster. Then you can share your bodybuilding and strongman exercises around as assistance exercises after the main powerlifts.

Last edited:
What was the question again? Oh, right. Um. No.

I assume that you are a newbie lifter. So anything semi sensible will work. Speed work is over rated, in my humble opinion, cos you should be moving the bar as fast as possible all the time, not just on speed day. Speed Day is, as previously mentioned, a Westside programming principle. All dat chit is for guys who use a rubber band (squat suit, bench suit and, yes, so help me God, a deadlift suit) to help them lift. But if it's working and you like it, keep going. But it's not necessary to do a specific "speed" day.

Having an extra day per week is great when you are starting out, just do something different. i.e. Barbell squats one day, front squats another. Barbell bench one day, dumbbells another. Deads one day, hammy and lower back stuff on another.

It all works. It's turning up and moving heavy chit that makes the progress happen.