• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

$1290 MMPR Package - Power Rack - Recommendations?

W

Woonster

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys think this is a good deal? I'm planning to set up a new home gym /w a Power Rack. I was looking at getting this combo from Ebay: http://www.ebay(dot)com.au/itm/FORC...6?pt=AU_Strength_Training&hash=item4acfd7d1ba, but I heard it's not really worth it since I'll probably outgrow the weight limit (Although I doubt I'll go much higher than 150kg).

So I was looking at (Option 1):
http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/4-Package-Deal-_-Power-Rack--+-ASFID-FID-bench-+-Olympic-bar-+-80kg-Olympic-weights-$1150/531.htm

+Dip Attachment ($65)
+Sydney Postage ($75)

Comes to $1290, although I would prefer to have it a little lower if I could since I'll probably need to consider flooring mats and other auxiliaries.

I was also looking at this one (Option 2):

http://www.littleblokefitness.com.a...rack-fid-bench-152kg-standard-plates-package/

This comes with 152KG Weight Package vs Option 1 80kg Weight Package. The cage is advertised to take a load of 400kg, while the MMPR (Option 1) is rated at around 320kg. It also looks like it comes with a dip attachment but not 100% sure. This option also comes with a standard bar, not an Olympic bar. With AUSBB Coupon & Postage, it totals:
$1,228.71.

What do you guys think? It looks like Option 2 is the winner, but is it really? Am I able to get a discount with gym direct?

Finally, just wondering when it gets delivered... How big will the package actually be? I'm planning to transport it in my sedan once it gets delivered to my rent's place.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I think you might struggle to get all this in a sedan. There would be over 300kg plus of weight to transport.
Someone with a ute or trailer would be the easier option.

I think you might struggle to get all this in a sedan. There would be over 300kg plus of weight to transport.
Someone with a ute or trailer would be the easier option.

I was thinking of transporting over a few trips. I live close by

I used a trailer to get mine (mmpr from gym direct) from my brothers place. The uprights are about 2m so they might not fit in your sedan but the Olympic bar is longer than them anyway.

As I'm involved in road crash rescue I'd suggest you think carefully before transporting heavy items inside the cabin of your vehicle. You might be careful but the other drivers won't be. We were training off road and found a cruiser on its side, with a 10kg plate that found an exit through a window.

If you need measurements I can find a tape measure.

Measurements would be good mate. Yeah, I live about 3 roads down so it really isn't too far.. Traffic is relatively quiet at night. I'll see if I can borrow someones vehicle.

You would be surprised how expensive some of the items on there are. Also, if you required soemthing asap and happy to pay a premium, new is the way to go (looking for used can take a long time)

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys think this is a good deal? I'm planning to set up a new home gym /w a Power Rack. I was looking at getting this combo from Ebay: http://www.ebay(dot)com.au/itm/FORC...6?pt=AU_Strength_Training&hash=item4acfd7d1ba, but I heard it's not really worth it since I'll probably outgrow the weight limit (Although I doubt I'll go much higher than 150kg).

So I was looking at (Option 1):
http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/4-Package-Deal-_-Power-Rack--+-ASFID-FID-bench-+-Olympic-bar-+-80kg-Olympic-weights-$1150/531.htm

+Dip Attachment ($65)
+Sydney Postage ($75)

Comes to $1290, although I would prefer to have it a little lower if I could since I'll probably need to consider flooring mats and other auxiliaries.

I was also looking at this one (Option 2):

http://www.littleblokefitness.com.a...rack-fid-bench-152kg-standard-plates-package/

This comes with 152KG Weight Package vs Option 1 80kg Weight Package. The cage is advertised to take a load of 400kg, while the MMPR (Option 1) is rated at around 320kg. It also looks like it comes with a dip attachment but not 100% sure. This option also comes with a standard bar, not an Olympic bar. With AUSBB Coupon & Postage, it totals:
$1,228.71.

What do you guys think? It looks like Option 2 is the winner, but is it really? Am I able to get a discount with gym direct?

Finally, just wondering when it gets delivered... How big will the package actually be? I'm planning to transport it in my sedan once it gets delivered to my rent's place.

Cheers.

Hi Woonster,

We offer 10% discount for Ausbb Members, I can't offer more of a discount on the package as its already discounted, but anything else you add onto your order (floor mats, accessories) I can apply the 10% discount to. If you would like some freight options email me directly at aimee@gymdirect.com.au.

Aimee :)
aimee@gymdirect.com.au
1300 488 866

I have the same rack with the dip handles. I find the handles a little too wide for my liking and you can't adjust it.

Another thing I find is that the spacing between the safeties is annoying. I originally had the whole rack on rubber mats and found that when I bench in the rack, one spacing was a couple of centimetres too high and the other was a couple too low.
I ended up working around it by having the rubber mats inside the rack only but it's still worth noting how wide the spacing is.

Other than that, it's a great rack, especially for the price.

Measurements would be good mate. Yeah, I live about 3 roads down so it really isn't too far.. Traffic is relatively quiet at night. I'll see if I can borrow someones vehicle.

Sorry it tool so long, uprights are 1970mm long.