• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you fix Buttwink?

KFG has to agree with 0ni on this one. I wouldn't get too concerned about the 'wink' really. For me the heavier the weight gets the less l tend to do it anyway and l've never had any lower back trouble at all from this 'horrendous action'.

Who's Justin Lascek... lol
He is the author of the Texas Method, powerlifting and weightlifting coach, coached 6 lifters for the arnold, coach of Chris Riley, c+js double bodyweight... so nothing much really...

Clearly it is a healthy and strong position if multiple elite squatters squat in this manner. Feel free to email Kirk Karwoski to let him know your concern. Lol.
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">

Who's Justin Lascek...
Clearly it is a healthy and strong position if multiple elite squatters squat in this manner.

I've seen grandma Wilson squat better than that. He starts with a half squat with buttwink and never gets to parallel...... ever. I wonder why. Probably cos his hammys are so tight he can't get depth. Typical retarded horseshit squats.

Just because someone is famous now does not mean anything. Except maybe that they broke a record or two at their peak. Give them 10 years and they will be like all the other beat up and busted lifters who "used to" lift heavy. It's stupid shit like this that leads to the inevitable long term joint destruction.

Remember the Woody Allen rule of thumb: one good squat is worth 20 shit ones.

That is buttwink man
Any more than that is simply rounding over

This is why I asked for the video, because chances are there is nothing to worry about at all.

I've seen grandma Wilson squat better than that. He starts with a half squat with buttwink and never gets to parallel...... ever. I wonder why. Probably cos his hammys are so tight he can't get depth. Typical retarded horseshit squats.

Just because someone is famous now does not mean anything. Except maybe that they broke a record or two at their peak. Give them 10 years and they will be like all the other beat up and busted lifters who "used to" lift heavy. It's stupid shit like this that leads to the inevitable long term joint destruction.

Remember the Woody Allen rule of thumb: one good squat is worth 20 shit ones.

What the hell are you talking about?
Steve Goggins is still competing lol. Kirk still lifts. Maybe look up who these people are before you start talking about some person that half squats, like that applies to this at all.

So, I am lowering my squat about another inch below parallel as a challenge however I feel on occasion the old dreaded buttwink coming on. Basically that's when my lower back loses the arch and the pelvis or butt starts tucking under.

Now I love the buttwink on that hot personal trainer at my gym as she does her squat demos for her clients, that's about the only time I use the treadmills and have sunnies on at the same time. But not so much when I am doing it, thanks.

I understand that its an awareness issue (ie if I focus on arching my back harder it happens less) but I am also interested in knowing what I can do mobility-wise to get rid of this annoying problem. Is it hamstring, calves, or ankle tightness? And those of you that have overcome this problem, how did you do it? I love to know.

When I got rid of buttwink I stopped getting pain the next day after squats picking up pencils and other sub 100 gram items.

This vid is gold for stretching out in the bottom position to develop the flexibility so you dont butt wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrVgpDOLlgM

I did it by squatting in the mirror and filming myself, try to 'crack a macadamia nut' in your hip crease going down. You will be surprised doing the above video just how much further you can go down in the hole to eliminate the wink. You will be surprised with a mirror - you will think you're not doing it but when you look in the mirror you are. Do bodyweight squats till you get rid of it.

Who's Justin Lascek... lol
He is the author of the Texas Method, powerlifting and weightlifting coach, coached 6 lifters for the arnold, coach of Chris Riley, c+js double bodyweight... so nothing much really...

Clearly it is a healthy and strong position if multiple elite squatters squat in this manner. Feel free to email Kirk Karwoski to let him know your concern. Lol.
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">
What a massive arse he has, he walks like a silverback gorilla

Steve Goggins will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

Posting a vid of someone doing something bloody stupid doesn't validate your argument 0ni
Chances are he will end up in a wheelchair
And don't get me started on the ridiculous squat suit and wraps, fuck me it's a comedy of errors.

Irrelevant, it's like finding pro bodybuilders who bench with elbows flared and have no injuries. Can work for some but will hurt others.

My squats stopped causing next day pain when I got rid of butt wink.