• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bench press inside a power rack

I hope this video helps with understanding my problem and I have both positions, arched and flat in the video:

[video]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8zCz5gbn382M01qOWJ0VmZMaTQ/preview?pli=1[/video]

[Work & Family Safe - except more of the experienced lifters here might want to turn away at the non-existent chest]

Last edited:
Its not a huge way off, beats getting pinned, just pump out a couple of deep sets with dumbbells after your bar exercises and keep training.
Dont get too worried about it, keep training like that till you're stronger and then only use safeties for you last 2 heavy sets.
Keep on lifting. :)

^ grunta

I would worry too much.

place a smaller piece of matting in the rack if it really freaks you out..

Fantastic!! Thanks guys!!!

Should I be touching the bottom of my chest or the top inexistent part of my chest as my sternum seems to protrude in front of my chest when standing if that makes sense l?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

When arms extended out, bring the weight straight down, it's the natural path.
as you load the bar you will not be able to move it forward or back, will feel wrong.
empty bar can feel akward and unsteady, the more weight the smoother the motion will become.
Remember, control on the way down, explode on the way up, keep it up for 3 years and see the difference.
nice setup.

What do you think about doing half reps, but the bottom half of the ROM?
Well not completely half reps, just less than 3/4 I guess
As you know I don't compete or train for powerlifting so when I bench (incline, haven't flat benched in a long time) I don't lock the elbows out so there is always a bend in the elbows at the top of the movement, so I go all the way down and all the way up without locking the elbows.

As you know I don't compete or train for powerlifting so when I bench (incline, haven't flat benched in a long time) I don't lock the elbows out so there is always a bend in the elbows at the top of the movement, so I go all the way down and all the way up without locking the elbows.

Yeah
I was thinking something like this but a little more controlled

@Darkoz why don't you bother with the flat?
is the movement too short for you? Not enough pump?

But the range of motion used, that's fine right?
I Look at it this way 0ni, when I unrack the bar and hold it there for a second before starting the rep, that's the height I return the bar to with each rep.
I had to watch that clip again when you asked this, it made me cringe even more

George Leeman doesn't really give a fuck about his technique, he just tries really hard
What I am asking though if the ROM used is good. Ignore the bouncing or speed, whatever it's not what I am asking. The most he locks the weight out, to the chest, is this range of motion ideal?

George Leeman doesn't really give a fuck about his technique, he just tries really hard
What I am asking though if the ROM used is good. Ignore the bouncing or speed, whatever it's not what I am asking. The most he locks the weight out, to the chest, is this range of motion ideal?

Can he straighten his arms?

the ROM he is using in the video, is very poor.

I've given you my answer 0ni, his ROM is less than ideal