• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which physique

• David Beckham

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Zyzz

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Aaron Hallet

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Mariusz Pudzianowski

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Ronnie Coleman 2004

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Derek Poundstone

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Drug response has a lot to do with it as well
Just because you have a good frame for natural bb doesn't mean you'll have the frame and drug response for the Olympia
Pre-roids Culter was stunningly average

In layman terms, this debate is stupid. Especially as you'd know if you had the genetics needed or not within your first 2 years of training lol

Bullshit, if you had the potential to be mr olympia if you got on it your telling me people wouldnt? Cant be that into their chosen sport then...

depends - if it meant that I was going to live less and not be able to get an erection than no probably not.

Drug response has a lot to do with it as well
Just because you have a good frame for natural bb doesn't mean you'll have the frame and drug response for the Olympia
Pre-roids Culter was stunningly average

In layman terms, this debate is stupid. Especially as you'd know if you had the genetics needed or not within your first 2 years of training lol

Cutler stuningly average pre gear? Lol

Yes its alll about drug response, but u see my point

Yeah I can't find the pictures but his frame was terrible
If he tried to do physique or natural BB, he would look terrible

But it's ideal for holding 300lb of rip

well, more the other way around
The others are not remotely achievable

Beckham looks like he does p90x or something
women still wet their pants over this physique though

Take a look at Steve Reeves in 1950. This is what a dude with the best genetics for physique can do. Only like 1% of people have that frame lol.
You'd be doing pretty well if you got near that, even on steroids it would take serious dedication
View attachment 9195
That pretty much sums it up however, I'm thinking of late that anyone of note post world war 2 was not completely natural, including Reeves.

That pretty much sums it up however, I'm thinking of late that anyone of note post world war 2 was not completely natural, including Reeves.

I think testosterone was made available in 1958
Grimek was still huge as well, we can still believe!

990376.1143494252596.john-grimek-big.jpg

Last edited:
Struggling to find definitive information on this :(
To trace the history of steroids as we know them today we must first go back to 1931, to a German chemist Adolf Butenandt. By this point it was understood, largely thanks to Berthold the importance and effects of male hormones but it was Butenandt who first found a way to pin-point and purify the hormone androstenone; he did so by extracting the hormone from a mere few liters of urine. This was a groundbreaking achievement and only the beginning of the breakthrough, as the next several years would see anabolic steroids truly birthed and evolved.

Shortly after Butenandt’s accomplishment another fellow German chemist Leopold Ruzicka developed a means to synthesize the hormone making it safe for human use. Shortly after this breakthrough the snowball was put in place and in 1935 Ruzicka along with Butenandt compounded the first batch of synthetic of testosterone. (3) This was without a doubt the dawning of the ages when it comes to anabolic steroid use and the history there of. The discovery was so profound both Butenandt and Ruzicka were awarded the 1939 Nobel Prize for their work in chemistry. Wrap your head around that; a Nobel Prize was awarded due to anabolic steroid science; as we perceive anabolic steroids today that is mind-blowing!

Research would continue and by the late 1930’s the first injections of testosterone-propionate were administered to humans and in the Soviet Union by the 1940’s anabolic steroid use was becoming common place. During the 1940’s the Soviet Union was the dominating force in athletics thanks to anabolic steroid use but this dominance was short lived as Dr. John Ziegler, the U.S. Olympic team physician found a way to soon develop methandrostenolone; you know it as Dianabol or Dbol. (13)Ciba Pharmaceuticals was first to market the drug and by 1958 Dianabol was approved by the FDA for human use. Ciba would not stop there, in-fact this would open the door for thousands of experiments in synthesizing anabolic steroids and derivatives. (15)

Struggling to find definitive information on this :(
To trace the history of steroids as we know them today we must first go back to 1931, to a German chemist Adolf Butenandt. By this point it was understood, largely thanks to Berthold the importance and effects of male hormones but it was Butenandt who first found a way to pin-point and purify the hormone androstenone; he did so by extracting the hormone from a mere few liters of urine. This was a groundbreaking achievement and only the beginning of the breakthrough, as the next several years would see anabolic steroids truly birthed and evolved.

Shortly after Butenandt’s accomplishment another fellow German chemist Leopold Ruzicka developed a means to synthesize the hormone making it safe for human use. Shortly after this breakthrough the snowball was put in place and in 1935 Ruzicka along with Butenandt compounded the first batch of synthetic of testosterone. (3) This was without a doubt the dawning of the ages when it comes to anabolic steroid use and the history there of. The discovery was so profound both Butenandt and Ruzicka were awarded the 1939 Nobel Prize for their work in chemistry. Wrap your head around that; a Nobel Prize was awarded due to anabolic steroid science; as we perceive anabolic steroids today that is mind-blowing!

Research would continue and by the late 1930’s the first injections of testosterone-propionate were administered to humans and in the Soviet Union by the 1940’s anabolic steroid use was becoming common place. During the 1940’s the Soviet Union was the dominating force in athletics thanks to anabolic steroid use but this dominance was short lived as Dr. John Ziegler, the U.S. Olympic team physician found a way to soon develop methandrostenolone; you know it as Dianabol or Dbol. (13)Ciba Pharmaceuticals was first to market the drug and by 1958 Dianabol was approved by the FDA for human use. Ciba would not stop there, in-fact this would open the door for thousands of experiments in synthesizing anabolic steroids and derivatives. (15)

Thanks brah
Seems like 1958- that was dbol
I do'nt think Grimek and whoever else we were talking about (im drunk) would have access to testosterone though

From what I've read, Bill Pearl was the first to bring it back to the states, If (and I don't believe they did) Grimek, reeves and co were using DBol, then it would have been very, very small doses.

Post yourself in that pose to prove us all wrong then. Apparently it's easy to look like that in 5 years. Lol.

Reeves was 6'1", 216lb btw. Around 8% in that pic. That's 198lb of lean mass giving him a FFMI of 26. 25 is considered the natural potential over many, many studies

8% my arse. He hasn't even got abs and just the first signs of separation in his quads. Maybe 12% if he's lucky. So that's 190lb giving an FFMI of fuck knows because studies can not ever determine natural potential. How do you study natural potential when you can't even prove that it exists.

Any regional natty comp will have physiques more muscular than Reeves.

@bull ;

"And he was full of shit too with his stupid assessment of the limitations of the human physique"

can you please show me this "assesment" I think this is a bit of bull-shit.

I'll look for it. He had a scale based on height. His bodyweight was, coincidentally, perfect for his height and I think it came down by 10lb per inch. 6'1" @ 220 converts to 5'9" @ 180. That suggests that the perfect physique at 12% bodyfat is 80kg at 5'9" Bullshit. He was a dickhead.

10mg would still work.

This by IPF800

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...e-effects-then-injectable-testosterone-3.html

YOU'RE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES.

1.) The menagerie of steroids you see used these days were mostly developed during the 1930-50's. At the time research into male hormones was all the rage and pharmaceutical companies would patent anything they would come up with for possible further use. Most substances were pushed to the side and forgotten. This happens all the time, there are tens of thousands of drugs in the back logs of pharmaceutical companies that no one ever found a medical use for so they go on ice.

What you're really asking here is "why are steroids besides test used by athletes if test itself sooooo wonderful"? The short answer is, test sucks for *actual* athletes. (Bodybuilders are not athletes, sorry to everyone with a hurt asshole.)

Keep in mind that drug use began among athletes from Olympic sports and filtered down to everyone else. As drug testing in sports became more and more sophisticated through the 70-80's athletes (mostly T&F and weightlifters) needed to use different compounds to pass their tests without getting popped. Different drugs have different clearance times and things like test prop or suspension were only used to bridge. Test E and C have terrible clearance times and can't be used reliably in drug tested sports without a hell of a lot of planning. To find new undetectable compounds team doctors went back into those same pharmaceutical back logs and pulled up the old substances which the tests were not yet calibrated to detect. They were looking for anything they could, and thus many new compounds were introduced into the sporting world eventually filtering down to bodybuilders (who were nothing more than a strange pseudo-athletic subculture back then).

Just about everyone from the 60's-80's who broke a world record used good ol' dbol as the base of their cycle if they could get away with it. Some lucky teams used designer drugs or rotated in drugs to accomplish different training goals over time. They were trying to maximize their performance, simple as that.

See, test IS king - if your only athletic goal in life is to get "swole" and look good on a beach. If you are looking for strength and recovery gains without any weight gain (weight class sports) it's not the best compound to use. So how were athletes able to use dbol only and not come down with the litany of horrid side effects everyone here blathers on about? THEY USED IT AS DIRECTED. Dbol is useful even at small doses if all you care about it recovery and strength gain.

Someone threw out "The Russians" before claiming that Alexeev used massive amounts of dbol. What UTTER BULLSHIT. The Russians had a nationwide doping program, only useing 0.5mg/kg of bodyweight per day and they cycled it in three week blocks - three on three off. They also took off entire YEARS (usually post-Olympic) where they went clean. There was no post cycle therapy (pct) and yet tens of thousands of those "old time" athletes survived just fine without it. They smashed world records that modern athletes only dream about simply because they busted their asses and were intelligent about their drug use.

Most of the great 70's powerlifters thrived on nothing more than 15-25mg of dbol a day, a tiny amount compared to the people you see posting their train wrecks on boards like this. No wonder everyone crashed so hard, they're taking double and triple the effective dose with other things stacked in.

Bill March was using 10mg a DAY when he standing pressed 390lbs at 220 bwt. I personally use 25mg a day and am an 800 deadlifter at 275, so make of it what you will.

The bottom line - the BEST ATHLETES IN HISTORY used anything and everything BESIDES test. If they had, they would have to have been off cycle for up to 6 months before major competitions to clear. When the OP brought up the army of East German doctors and data collected from tens of thousands of athletes over decades, he was right. They knew what they were doing and were some of the BEST sports coaches in history. Sure, none of their athletes could win the Mr. Olympia, but no pro bodybuilder could out throw an average German woman's shot putter. Apples to oranges.

2.) As I said, test is only being used these days because it's cosmetic drug. It's not really used in the sporting world.

This is why you've got 280lbs guys with abs who can't lift worth a shit. They're not athletes and their drug protocol is only designed to make them look a certain way. They don't have to worry about getting popped for using Test E too close to a World Cup. You're getting one story from the bodybuilders and they obviously know what they're doing, but come over to the powerlifting boards and we'll tell you a whole 'nother story.

I personally don't know anyone who uses Test as a cycle base and I've been competing internationally for a decade. If I were to use it, I'd outgrow my weight class in a month and only gain a marginal increase in strength. Dianabol has been used by athletes for 60 years for a reason - it's still one of the best compounds for strength and performance gains while staying in your weight class!

Last edited:
Garbage post. Test is great for athletes, using fast acting esters to get yoir test level maybe 1.5-2x normal range. No a bodybuilder dose of test isnt a good idea but an athlete dose is

up for dianabol dose, rest just there.

I don't think it is a garbage post.

Part I like is that thee guys take small doses of dianabol, yet very strong. Sort of message there, me think.

They had 0 understandig of steroids back then so trying to use the past as an example of how it ahould be done is rediculois. And the russians .5mg per kg of dbol, thats 50mg dbol for me.. Which is the dose ive always used