• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Son, 16, ‘killed mum with dumbbell’

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
A 16-YEAR-OLD has been arrested for murdering his mother with a dumbbell a day after he made an emotional TV plea to find her killer. Brad George, 16, of Washington state, was arrested on Saturday a day after his mum, Georgina Latshaw, 37, was found dead in her bedroom.
The teenager had called 911 after he said he returned home from school to find the front door open and her car in the driveway which he said was unusual.
He didn’t go inside but immediately called 911 and police found Latshaw’s body.
After his arrest, George reportedly told police that he broke into Latshaw’s room while she was sleeping on Thursday night and waited until she was snoring before he bludgeoned her with a dumbbell. He went to school the next day.
He said he had stopped taking medications for a mood disorder on February 1 and started believing that Latshaw was poisoning him with bleach. George is a student at Overlake Speciality School for troubled children with special needs and has a history of violent outbursts and mental illness.
Latshaw had taken George in 10 years ago and had adopted him.
213736-59b12e22-9322-11e3-8d43-e004d36a6c9a.jpg

Confession ... Brad George and his mother Gerogina Latshaw who he has been accused of murdering with a dumbbell.

He was taken to a psychiatric hospital on Saturday where he was confronted about his role in the murder.
He reportedly became catatonic, pulling off a wooden arm from a chair and walking towards a nurse with his arm raised ready to strike her. Two security guards disarmed him. He is said to have admitted to the killing after this.
It isn’t the first time that he has had psychotic episodes. In 2010, he was admitted to hospital after having hallucinations that his mum was a short clown with blood in her mouth. Family members said George had threatened Latshaw at least once with a knife.
It was a different picture to the one seen on TV screens a day earlier when George appeared with his sisters to talk about their mum’s death.
“She has supported me my whole life. She always knew what was best for us. I don’t know who could have done this,” he said before his arrest. “This doesn’t feel real, this all feels fake.”
Police said they noticed holes in George’s story when they found a dumbbell in his room, bloodstained men’s clothing in the garbage and no signs of forced entry.
213765-35459794-9322-11e3-8d43-e004d36a6c9a.jpg

Family grieves ... Brad George and his sisters gave a TV interview in which the 16-year-old said his mother’s murder seems fake.

George is being held on $US500,000 bail and will be charged as an adult given the severity of the crime.

Open and shut? Have the police investigated the clown angle yet?

Interesting he showed remorse afterwards, or at least said exactly what he thought they'd want to hear - supported me all my life, etc. The fact he'd come up with those words and still denies it suggests to me he's very cold.

His mum mum called him a curl bro and told him to squat. What was he supposed to do?