• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

five point four

bradsky

do I even lift?
So....

I decided to order some meals from 5.4.

Me and the missus are sick of cooking and dishes. + I get healthy tasty meals cooked and counted for me.

Ordered 2 x muscle building packs, one for me, one for my wife and kids.

I get 3 meals a day, she gets 2 meals, and the kids share 1 for dinner.

lasts 5 days and costs $240.00 delivered.

each meal is about 640 calories with 44 grams of protein.

so I net 1920 calories with 132g of protein, add 1x double scoop banana protein smoothie and a muesli bar and I'm at...

= 2300 calories + 190g protein

4 meals down and pretty happy so far. they service Brisbane area mainly

http://www.fivepointfour.com.au/

For a family of 4 it wouldn't be too bad. Could obviously cook on the cheap but for the convenience and nutritional content I'd say its decent value for money.

There's a similar one in Perth, haven't tried it but looks alright

I get by on $100 thats for 4 meals a day for 6 days.
3000 cals and 200 grams after shakes.

Is that $240 for all three??

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I'm obviously losing out about $100.00 a week, but that's ok.

Works for us, we will run it until we reach out goal weight that can it for 6 months.

My Mrs and I were buying lunch at work 2 or 3 days a week as it is, so we are nearly coming out even.

As for the extra money.... the fact that someone else is preparing our meals is compensation enough..

Actually, when you think about it. For $240, thats $8 a meal.
The local muscle meals is $180 a week for 3 meals a day for 6 days.
Which is $10 a meal.

If it was 6 days worth for $130, it would amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Go to Aldi -

2-3kg of fish - $12-$18
Afew bags of broccoli - $6-$10
2kg-3kg steak - $20-$25
Big bag of almonds - $?

This will easy last me a week - comes to about $50-$60

I almost bought muscle meals direct, but when I saw in the fine print it was $20 to pick up from a specific point, I was like err....

That and I wasn't sure if or how the meals were counted.... I still might try muscle meals direct one day.

Go to Aldi -

2-3kg of fish - $12-$18
Afew bags of broccoli - $6-$10
2kg-3kg steak - $20-$25
Big bag of almonds - $?

This will easy last me a week - comes to about $50-$60

What sort of fish are you buying from aldi? The frozen hoki & Basa?

Basa mate

I take it you dont buy into the whole filthy Mekong river bred fish thing? I dont really eaither :) i think the Aldi one may even come from NZ.

Share your recipes for the Basa, I cant seem to get it nice, Its always too soft, or too dry and tastes like frozen fish. its the only food i find hard to get right.

Also, not sure were your from but costco sell 7kg boxes for about $20 or so, they also have frozen Cod for a bit extra

I take it you dont buy into the whole filthy Mekong river bred fish thing? I dont really eaither :) i think the Aldi one may even come from NZ.

Share your recipes for the Basa, I cant seem to get it nice, Its always too soft, or too dry and tastes like frozen fish. its the only food i find hard to get right.

Also, not sure were your from but costco sell 7kg boxes for about $20 or so, they also have frozen Cod for a bit extra

Nothing wrong with the Mekong Delta my friend haha

All I do is de-frost - salt/pepper and in the pan lol

I have no idea where aldi fish comes from, but after visiting a LOT of fish farms in the Mekong, there is no way known to man that I would eat that shit.

I have no idea where aldi fish comes from, but after visiting a LOT of fish farms in the Mekong, there is no way known to man that I would eat that shit.

Australia is one of the few countries that allow the importation of Vietnamese Basa.