• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

In Search of new earphones

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
Hey guys,

As the title says I am in search of some new earphones, budget of only about $50 coz I always ended up trashing them and have about 5 or 6 sets where only 1 side works.

Was checking out ebay, is it fair to assume these are fakes?

OR anyone have any recommendations?

have used sennheiser in the past and reasonably happy with them.

Got the jaybird bluebuds after recommendations here. Being Bluetooth is great, love not having a cord.

Expensive at 200 I think and I've killed dozens of headphones over the last couple years but the missus even put these through the wash and they still work fine.

DSE sell some Stenheisers for about 60 bucks or so, they are awesome. So awesome in fact two pairs i had have been nicked :/

Got the jaybird bluebuds after recommendations here. Being Bluetooth is great, love not having a cord.

Expensive at 200 I think and I've killed dozens of headphones over the last couple years but the missus even put these through the wash and they still work fine.

Did you find any noticeable difference in sound quality and the Bluetooth using power?

I like the idea of Bluetooth.

I've had a set of B&O's for a few years, the ear bud type.

I have a set of full cover noise canceling when traveling

Did you find any noticeable difference in sound quality and the Bluetooth using power?

I like the idea of Bluetooth.

Sound quality is great. Better than many of the normal headphones I have had. Every now and then the Bluetooth looses signal for a split second but not often.

Don't notice any more power use. Must use a bit though.

Love the Bluetooth. I was sick of always getting the cord caught on things. Plus the headphone connecter on my phone is almost worn out from being plugged in and out all the time.

I just use cheap ass pioneers in the gym but they are the best I have had for gym use for a while.

Used plenty of Sennheisers over time but always trash the cheap ones, haven't tried any with the little tabs to stay in your ears like the Pioneers I have though.

Have Bluetooth over ear cans for traveling and they're the business... Can't wear them in the gym though!

The Bose Sports would be the duck's nuts for gym but I couldn't justify the cost of in ears.... I'll happily spend $500 on over ears though, they're an addiction, got a fair collection going on

In my experience cheap headphones/earbuds aren't worth it if you are into sound quality and durability. I bought a pair of Shure E4c a couple of years ago and they are still going strong, sound is incredible. Plus with the foam tips on they provide excellent passive isolation which is heavensent on flights with screaming babies in every row. So despite being quite expensive, they have paid itself off as I have used it almost daily for the past 8 years. (only had to change foam tips now and again cos they get manky after a while)

I just use cheap ass pioneers in the gym but they are the best I have had for gym use for a while.

Used plenty of Sennheisers over time but always trash the cheap ones, haven't tried any with the little tabs to stay in your ears like the Pioneers I have though.

Have Bluetooth over ear cans for traveling and they're the business... Can't wear them in the gym though!

The Bose Sports would be the duck's nuts for gym but I couldn't justify the cost of in ears.... I'll happily spend $500 on over ears though, they're an addiction, got a fair collection going on

What over ears have you got?

Just waiting until my impulse reaches critical mass to pull the trigger on a pair of audio technicas :D

Sennheiser MX550, Sony MDR-1RBT, Bose QC15's plus a few on ears that I use for DJ'ing... Sennheiser HD25's, Pioneer HD1500, Shure 750's.

I know I dont need any more (I dont use a lot of the ones I have even though there's nothing wrong with them), I just can't resist buying more. Bit like hats and shoes but more expensive!

Sennheiser MX550, Sony MDR-1RBT, Bose QC15's plus a few on ears that I use for DJ'ing... Sennheiser HD25's, Pioneer HD1500, Shure 750's.

I know I dont need any more (I dont use a lot of the ones I have even though there's nothing wrong with them), I just can't resist buying more. Bit like hats and shoes but more expensive!

A pair for every occasion haha.

The Sony's probably get the most use. I fly to/from work every week and dont like taking the more exy ones like the Senn's. They're actually very good for a BT can, SQ is up there. Used to use the Bose for these trips but don't like the cable, although the Sony's dont have noise canceling :(

I need a new left ear, the buds always fall out, but never fall out of the right ear. FML.

Get some with the little tabs on them that lock in to your ear. I used to have that problem till I got some like my current ones. Dont need to touch them once they're in, even if I'm running

These are the Bose ones but my cheap ass Pioneers have a similar design (and a little hook that goes over the ear for more support).

qc20i_wg_lg.jpg

Get some with the little tabs on them that lock in to your ear. I used to have that problem till I got some like my current ones. Dont need to touch them once they're in, even if I'm running

Yeah I couldn't get those tabs to fit properly. They actually made it worse.

I got the Pioneers from JB's or Dick Smith or somewhere, were like $40 or something. Those Bose ones are pretty exy

What about ones with just the hooks that go over the ear [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION];?

Last edited by a moderator: