• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Slow and steady weight loss? I think not

Lol. Have a look at all the people that struggle to lose weight. It's not easy. Simple doesn't make it easy.

For me right now easy would be go to the fridge and eat everything I can find in there but I'm not. I want to but you gotta fight that to lose weight.

I love eating food and eating less food is not easy. Easy is eating whatever you want whenever you want but most of us can't do that.

Lol. Have a look at all the people that struggle to lose weight. It's not easy. Simple doesn't make it easy.

For me right now easy would be go to the fridge and eat everything I can find in there but I'm not. I want to but you gotta fight that to lose weight.

I love eating food and eating less food is not easy. Easy is eating whatever you want whenever you want but most of us can't do that.

I have just said this haha - it is easy if you have some mental strength, drive and not being lazy - which most people lack - this is why people are fat.

Everyone has it in them to lose weight - not many people have the motivation to do so though and then they make excuse like no time, my genetics suck, I think I have a medical issue etc etc etc....

I have just said this haha - it is easy if you have some mental strength, drive and not being lazy - which most people lack - this is why people are fat.

Everyone has it in them to lose weight - not many people have the motivation to do so though and then they make excuse like no time, my genetics suck, I think I have a medical issue etc etc etc....

So what you are saying is it's not easy.

I agree weight loss is simple but not easy.
Life style is the problem.

biggest problem is keeping active enough especially when you're sitting 8 hours a day for work.
One good workout a day isn't enough.

Biggest problem today is people sitting on their arses for 12 -20 hours a day and maybe walking a couple of hundred meters if they are lucky.

For me at minimum I walk 2-3km a day and 4-5 workouts a week but do sit for 10 - 14 hours a day.
Years ago when I was on the tools I'd sit for maybe 2-3 hours a day total but now as a consultant Engineer/IT I'm sitting most of the time.

I'm down 3.5kg since christmas , about another 15 -20 kg of fat to go

I was a daily opiate user for the best part of two years. Took pretty much whatever I could get my hands on, including heroin but never injected. I'd drink a lot of poppy tea because it kept me high for 12 hours. So I'd be able to have some before bed and wake up high to take more drugs and then drink some tea before work and be fine until I could get home and get high again

April 2010 I gave that up. Just stopped, cold turkey and have never touched an opiate again to this day. That was easier than dieting.

[MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION]; [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION];
You two are arguing but are saying the same thing. :confused:

And ex fatties are like ex smokers, self righteous and annoying.

I agree weight loss is simple but not easy.
Life style is the problem.

biggest problem is keeping active enough especially when you're sitting 8 hours a day for work.
One good workout a day isn't enough.

Biggest problem today is people sitting on their arses for 12 -20 hours a day and maybe walking a couple of hundred meters if they are lucky.

The people with this problem eat too much.

I was a daily opiate user for the best part of two years. Took pretty much whatever I could get my hands on, including heroin but never injected. I'd drink a lot of poppy tea because it kept me high for 12 hours. So I'd be able to have some before bed and wake up high to take more drugs and then drink some tea before work and be fine until I could get home and get high again

April 2010 I gave that up. Just stopped, cold turkey and have never touched an opiate again to this day. That was easier than dieting.
Credit to you Oni, you've done well to get where you are.

people aren't stupid, everyone knows what they have to do to lose weight but berry there heads in the sand and says it to hard.
its a running debate in my house as I live with quote "fatties" and they tell me how hard it is to lose weight and they cant grasp the concept
of eating less and moving more. For me personally its far easier to lose weight then is it to gain muscle.

people aren't stupid, everyone knows what they have to do to lose weight but berry there heads in the sand and says it to hard.
its a running debate in my house as I live with quote "fatties" and they tell me how hard it is to lose weight and they cant grasp the concept
of eating less and moving more. For me personally its far easier to lose weight then is it to gain muscle.

I blame the food pyramid and RDA
Women think they can work a desk job and eat 2000kcal a day in "healthy" Italian food like spaghetti and somehow not turn into a hippo

I blame the food pyramid and RDA
Women think they can work a desk job and eat 2000kcal a day in "healthy" Italian food like spaghetti and somehow not turn into a hippo

had that same chat with my female housemate turned into a full blown argument, my point was if you aren't losing weight/fat you are eating to much. she didn't agree with that!

I came across this today, and i agree with a fair bit. This is from my experience only

http://www.nowloss.com/starvation-mode-myth.htm

Interesting. Holds true to my experience as well. I managed to actually gain muscle on the very low calorie diet. I have a strongman event at the weekend so have just been eating normally this week since Friday. Just roughly a kilo of meat a day with 5 potatoes mashed and some post workout oats (2 cups + 4 cups low fat milk). If anyone wants to work out the calories here, feel free. Basically I just ate when I was hungry which is around 1pm and 7pm. I am up to 77kg a feeling full and vascular as fuck and surprise I didn't get fat or go on a massive eating binge because I'm not a dumbass and ate paleo whenever I was hungry instead of dumb shit like cake. Someone call Layne and tell him the good news

I'll probably go back on 1000kcal a day for another week to 10 days after Sunday and lean up further. I do know of one lady, a good friend, who ended up getting some sort of metabolic poisoning (for want of a better term). She was eating 500kcal a day for months on end though, legit eating disorder. Her calories needed to be raised very slowly. She is 5'6 and is currently eating 1500kcal a day and everything is normal for her now

Interesting. Holds true to my experience as well. I managed to actually gain muscle on the very low calorie diet. I have a strongman event at the weekend so have just been eating normally this week since Friday. Just roughly a kilo of meat a day with 5 potatoes mashed and some post workout oats (2 cups + 4 cups low fat milk). If anyone wants to work out the calories here, feel free. Basically I just ate when I was hungry which is around 1pm and 7pm. I am up to 77kg a feeling full and vascular as fuck and surprise I didn't get fat or go on a massive eating binge because I'm not a dumbass and ate paleo whenever I was hungry instead of dumb shit like cake. Someone call Layne and tell him the good news

I'll probably go back on 1000kcal a day for another week to 10 days after Sunday and lean up further. I do know of one lady, a good friend, who ended up getting some sort of metabolic poisoning (for want of a better term). She was eating 500kcal a day for months on end though, legit eating disorder. Her calories needed to be raised very slowly. She is 5'6 and is currently eating 1500kcal a day and everything is normal for her now

You mentioned Paleo, so yes, you are a dumbass.

Interesting. Holds true to my experience as well. I managed to actually gain muscle on the very low calorie diet. I have a strongman event at the weekend so have just been eating normally this week since Friday. Just roughly a kilo of meat a day with 5 potatoes mashed and some post workout oats (2 cups + 4 cups low fat milk). If anyone wants to work out the calories here, feel free. w

I got about 2700 cals

The ground beef alone is 2200
May as well add the rest up...

5 potatoes would be 250kcal each, 1250kcal
2 cups of oats is 1200kcal
4 cups of milk is 85 each, 350kcal.

5,000kcal exactly. So not sure where you got 2700 from.

Lol. Oni. Says meat but when he wants calories to sound high uses mince as an example and when he wants it to sound low uses lean meat. Just another way to change his argument every time.

Potatoes, vary from less than 100g to almost half a kg each.

Your calorie estimates are bullshit.

Eat up buddy.