• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Aerobic + Anaerobic = ?

Headley

BigRed Kunce
Hey guys,

Every morning i do a lot of weight lifting.

Every afternoon i do a lot of swimming.

Would one routine hinder the other?

For mornings i do the beginners routine (squats, deads, rows, benches, presses and curls). For afternoons i like to swim up to 1km in the pool

1km swim is probably not a lot.

But I think that doing a swim directly after a weigh session would be savage.
In that the training would be more metabolic rather than draining.

Depends on what your goals are

The fact that you train twice a day every day could hinder you.

The fact that you do the same thing every day could hinder you.

Depends on what your goals are....

Ehh just fat loss at this stage for the 90 day challenge, so whatever is best for the metabolism.

And i would not do them both back to back, i do weights before work and swimming after work. Never do one immediately after the other :)

Not really, i take the actual swim seriously and swim hard, but rest a fair bit at the shallow end before going for another 100 meters. Takes about an hour to do or so.

I used to find it impossible to put weight on when I was doing karate...

3 hour sessions 3 x a week and by the end your gi is drenched in sweat.

I reckon you'll know for sure after a while of doing it if it is hindering any gains you are trying to make in mass/weight.

If you're happy with the current routine, keep at it :)

I used to find it impossible to put weight on when I was doing karate...

3 hour sessions 3 x a week and by the end your gi is drenched in sweat.

I reckon you'll know for sure after a while of doing it if it is hindering any gains you are trying to make in mass/weight.

If you're happy with the current routine, keep at it :)
I think putting on mass is the least of his problems right now. :p

You should be right mate, swimming is low impact and I find pretty good for helping loosen up a bit. Just be careful not to do a rotator cuff :p. Otherwise if you're enjoying it and you're heading towards your goal, why not?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2