• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What is the nutritional breakdown of this?
For me, it's a kilo of kangaroo. I am only eating when hungry as well, not when I have an appetite but when actually hungry. So just one meal a day at the moment, 3 or 4 hours after I train in the afternoon

159 protein, 110 carbs and 67 Fat.

Thats why My fitness pal has set out with there dam % breakdown.

Yesterday i was 30g over on protein, 16 over on carbs and 30g under on fat.

If i loose weight after two weeks then i will change the breakdown a bit, keeping cals the same.

159 protein, 110 carbs and 67 Fat.

Thats why My fitness pal has set out with there dam % breakdown.

Yesterday i was 30g over on protein, 16 over on carbs and 30g under on fat.

If i loose weight after two weeks then i will change the breakdown a bit, keeping cals the same.

Cool. I dunno how you take the calories that low with the carbs. Would tip me over the edge haha. On time, a bonbon, some piece with 5 grams of sugars, have initiated a 20k calories binge festival for me

brutal

then, when you notice this wont end well, you try some fat for saturation effect, but it just fails, the fatty food will have some salt to it, and this triggers even more. haha

I eat a wide variety of foods so i cant just grab a kg of roo and eat that each day.

This week looks like

Breakfast

Oats and protein shake with a green fusion drink,

or 2 eggs on toast,

or Mexican eggs hot pot.

Lunch will be, Spice marinated and charcoal cooked chicken thighs, in a wrap with cucumber, red onion and spinach x2

OR

Lean chuck steak, mushroom and potato stew, with a beef stock and tomato base, few vegies added. No flour or cream ect.

Snacks have been tin of tuna with steam veg packet and Braggs liquid amino sauce, Like soy but better.

Protein shake before boxing

Dinner is Meat and veg of some sort, Tonight is cheesy chicken and broccoli bake :)

Yesterday was Spicy baked Hoki fillets with garlic & Ginger broccoli

Everything i have left like eating i have, Just need to tweak the recipes to suit the calories. I can always keep it interesting that's no issue

What do you weigh and what's the goal? I find MFP always low balls the protein a bit

For me?

I weight 94kg at the moment.

My last DEXA scan in December had me at 98kg and 25% BF

My goal is just loose weight, seeing 85kg would be a good start.

End weight would be 70kg and max 10% bf - For boxing that is..

My bet is 0ni is bulemic. Only way he can survve on such low calls.

Hope im wrong but i get the feeling im not. 0ni post pics of your knuckles

My bet is 0ni is bulemic. Only way he can survve on such low calls.

Hope im wrong but i get the feeling im not. 0ni post pics of your knuckles

Bulimia is when you eat and throw up man
I'm not like that at all haha. You don't need that many calories at all. I have a desk job and train for an hour 4x a week.

I can eat a lot of food, a lot, and not get fatter though. I'll restrict the calories hard until I am very lean. It doesn't bother me at all. When I am leaner I'll increase the calories so I can grow some more and satisfy the desires of other men online :)

I know what it is. My point was your tricking your mind i to thinking you ate. If i was on 1500 cals a day, the first **** that even looked at me funny would get murdered and eaten.

Oh and you were asking about the health effects of mega low calories, im no expert but i think its called malnutirtion. How the fuck can you be getting the required nutrients, vits mins etc. your brain must be fucked from the lack of carbs, probably goes along way to explaining most of your posts

Oh and you were asking about the health effects of mega low calories, im no expert but i think its called malnutirtion. How the fuck can you be getting the required nutrients, vits mins etc. your brain must be fucked from the lack of carbs, probably goes along way to explaining most of your posts

Brassica family has everything you need bro, no calories essentially

Cutting right now..9 weeks in.

No strength lost. Dexa says only fat has been lost...with a net gain of 100gm of muscle in my arms. 4kg of solid lard gone.

Average cals to this point ~ 2320 on low days. 2550 on high. Low for 3 or 4 days then 1 high.
P/F/C
Low day macros: 240/65/220
High days macros: 220/60/310
That went on for 6 weeks.
Have dropped 10 carbs per week since.
This week is 240/65/180 and 220/60/270

1500 calories would be dumb.
Right now im finding I have just enough carbs for training.

Tim.

Get out of here with your sensible macros!
LOL at guys (regular size) cutting on 1500 cals. My GF cuts on 1500 down to 60kg with very minimal cardio (1-2hrs max per week). (And I don't have a single female client on less than 1500)

You have options:
rapid fat loss: more likely to lose LBM
slower fat loss: less likely to lose LBM

The leaner you are the more likely you are to lose LBM.
The more obese you are the less likely you are to lose LBM.

Being on gear assists LBM but won't prevent it if the deficit is large enough for long enough.

Oni is right however that if you do go very low cal like that then the majority should be protein to spare LBM. And yes, if you do this with regular T levels, your training will go to shit in not too long.

I've done Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss 3x in the past which is a very exterme diet and is meant to be short term only. 12 days if you are less than 15% BF. Up to 3 months if you are obese (and I don't recommend it for anyone who is obese). Focusses on getting enough protein to spare LBM and enough essential fatty acids only. It is boring. It works. It is SHORT TERM ONLY.

Each gym session on RFL is about survival not PR's. It sucks. (not to mention having near zero energy to do anything else)

The body converts ketones into glucose for the brain to use, you don't need carbs for brain function, the body will direct glucose away from everything else to the brain.

LOL at guys (regular size) cutting on 1500 cals. My GF cuts on 1500 down to 60kg with very minimal cardio (1-2hrs max per week). (And I don't have a single female client on less than 1500)

You have options:

Being on gear assists LBM but won't prevent it if the deficit is large enough for long enough.

Oni is right however that if you do go very low cal like that then the majority should be protein to spare LBM. And yes, if you do this with regular T levels, your training will go to shit in not too long.

I've done Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss 3x in the past which is a very exterme diet and is meant to be short term only. 12 days if you are less than 15% BF. Up to 3 months if you are obese (and I don't recommend it for anyone who is obese). Focusses on getting enough protein to spare LBM and enough essential fatty acids only. It is boring. It works. It is SHORT TERM ONLY.

Each gym session on RFL is about survival not PR's. It sucks. (not to mention having near zero energy to do anything else)

This is LAST resort for me, Ive tried every so many calorie ranges, diet breaks, low carb blah blah.

Ive had bloods and thyroid checked and all good.

I have 25% bf....

if i was at 10% or so id not go so low as you said to spare the LBM

Last edited:

You have options:

That's the thing about eating 1000kcal a day
It doesn't take long at all

There were a few studies done on starvation and LBM was preserved for a very long time until they had very low levels of body fat. Eating 200g of protein a day is a LONG way off of starvation

I'll see if I can dig them out for you if you're interested? Might take a few days as I don't even know who conducted the studies.
But yeah, 250mg/week will help a lot. I still think it can be done naturally though as I know people that have done it naturally lol. The person who told me about it did it on the same amount I am on and hurt his shoulder so is off the juice and still does it (which is worse than natural pretty much)

yeah man, I believe you.

As I said, there are options.

1000cals with SFA protein is a ridiculously bad idea.
1000cals with protein set at 1.5g/lb of LBM is not such a bad idea (SHORT TERM!)

Remember, "deprivation is inversely correlated with consistency" (unless you've got ephedrine haha)

For me?

I weight 94kg at the moment.

My last DEXA scan in December had me at 98kg and 25% BF

My goal is just loose weight, seeing 85kg would be a good start.

End weight would be 70kg and max 10% bf - For boxing that is..

I'd aim for around 2g per kg of bodyweight. Even if you eat for your target of 85kg, that's 170g of protein.

Have you tried limited carbs to certain time frames? Works for some, not for others

yeah man, I believe you.

As I said, there are options.

1000cals with SFA protein is a ridiculously bad idea.
1000cals with protein set at 1.5g/lb of LBM is not such a bad idea (SHORT TERM!)

Remember, "deprivation is inversely correlated with consistency" (unless you've got ephedrine haha)

^^that^^