• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Say you want to go to Hawaii
You can't go half-way, you'll be in an ocean

2000-3000kcal I feel like crap, very little energy
Below 1500kcal is different. You wake up and become energised all of a sudden. But lethargic during the day. Most pople won't even dare try this, they simply will refuse to put down the fork. I'm surprised they haven't eaten the fork :)

It's people that haven't even tried to take their body fat right down to the lowest levels that are saying otherwise here. So you can't train hard on a certain amount of calories. Well so what, don't do it then. 80% for doubles I can do any time, even half-starved. So I do doubles at 80%

Oni you are on the gear and have an appetite of a little bird. You have no clue how the rest of us would go on 1500 calories.

Except I know multiple people that eat like this and are completely natural

Except I know multiple people that eat like this and are completely natural

Sure you do. 1500 calories is ridiculous for normal sized people. Small women and manlets are different.

Why cut on 1500 when you can get the same results on more calories and have more energy for training.

And yes I have done plenty of 1500 calorie days before. It was a big mistake.

I was eating 2200kcal a day for all of January and there was no change in body fat percentage
I don't give a fuck what you've done. I just said that you need a brutal deficit to get below 8% and that I needed less than 1500kcal a day.

If you don't like it then don't do it, fatty. See if I give a fuck
I didn't even recommend that amount, someone just asked me about it and I replied with my thoughts

On a serious note, and without the acrimony please, [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; makes a good point.
[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; I am not directing this at you, I'm speaking in general here:

Effectively, an average guy who needs to reduce kcals to 1500 per day in order to lose body fat is very likely to have a metabolism that isn't working at optimal capacity.
Unless he's extremely small and about my size, I can say with confidence that his metabolic capacity is shot.

That can be addressed and it is well worth taking the time to do so because it makes a massive difference to your energy and strength retention when you can cut from a higher kcal intake.

I obviously cannot comment on what implications there are if one is on the gear, so to speak, but for natty people, most definitely true.

Nobody has been able to give a legitimate reason why I should not eat less than 1,500kcal a day
I am losing fat
I am not losing muscle
I am able to keep up my training intensity
I have no health issues whatsoever

1400 calories eaten for me yesterday - Ended up boxing for an extra half hour last night too.

Woke up full of beans this morning

Weights at lunch then boxing after work today :)

1400 calories eaten for me yesterday - Ended up boxing for an extra half hour last night too.

Woke up full of beans this morning

Weights at lunch then boxing after work today :)

What is the nutritional breakdown of this?
For me, it's a kilo of kangaroo. I am only eating when hungry as well, not when I have an appetite but when actually hungry. So just one meal a day at the moment, 3 or 4 hours after I train in the afternoon

Nobody has been able to give a legitimate reason why I should not eat less than 1,500kcal a day
I am losing fat
I am not losing muscle
I am able to keep up my training intensity
I have no health issues whatsoever

And you are "assisted" with certain products too not to mention Oni, this is fine for you, but obviously should not be recomended to others

And you are "assisted" with certain products too not to mention Oni, this is fine for you, but obviously should not be recomended to others

I didn't recommend it
I know naturals, even females that follow this with good results

Nobody will be able to find a single reason not to be in an extreme deficit, because it doesn't exist

I didn't recommend it

I know naturals, even females that follow this with good results

Nobody will be able to find a single reason not to be in an extreme deficit, because it doesn't exist

When I go into extreme deficit my strength goes to fucking shit and I feel like shit. Is that a good enough reason.

I don't get any better results either, in fact I get better results with higher calories. Seems like a good reason for me.

Oni you forget what you do on the gear with your bird like appetite doesn't apply to most people.

When I go into extreme deficit my strength goes to fucking shit and I feel like shit. Is that a good enough reason.

I don't get any better results either, in fact I get better results with higher calories. Seems like a good reason for me.

Oni you forget what you do on the gear with your bird like appetite doesn't apply to most people.

Then don't do it
Not sure what the problem is here

Cutting right now..9 weeks in.

No strength lost. Dexa says only fat has been lost...with a net gain of 100gm of muscle in my arms. 4kg of solid lard gone.

Average cals to this point ~ 2320 on low days. 2550 on high. Low for 3 or 4 days then 1 high.
P/F/C
Low day macros: 240/65/220
High days macros: 220/60/310
That went on for 6 weeks.
Have dropped 10 carbs per week since.
This week is 240/65/180 and 220/60/270

1500 calories would be dumb.
Right now im finding I have just enough carbs for training.

Tim.

Then don't do it

Not sure what the problem is here

Now you change your tune, again.

You say no one can find one reason not to go into extreme deficit, I gace you a few. I said my strength goes to shit, I feel like shit and my results are shit and you reply with don't do it then. Well no shit, but you fucked yourself over again.

You gloss over the fact that you are on the gear and forget that you have tiny appetite compared to most. There are plenty of reasons what you are doing isn't going to work for many others.

Now you change your tune, again.

You say no one can find one reason not to go into extreme deficit, I gace you a few. I said my strength goes to shit, I feel like shit and my results are shit and you reply with don't do it then. Well no shit, but you fucked yourself over again.

You gloss over the fact that you are on the gear and forget that you have tiny appetite compared to most. There are plenty of reasons what you are doing isn't going to work for many others.

Then don't do it