• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

misslifty

Hi all,

Thought I would list the injuries I have ahd since i started training..

These are since I started a little over 2 years ago (could be why i never did anything physical before) :)

3 Months after I started thought i would try lunges Pulled a muscle, legs out of action for a bit.

6 months somehow doing Tricep pulldowns I tore a chest muscle, couldn't do chest for a month or so.

12 months Did my back, Deads and Squats were out for 6 weeks.

15 months Training at a different GYM, just started using dumbells for chest, could not drop them as it made a hell of a noise (wooden raised floor), I think they were 36kg's, last rep, to stop any noise i put them on my chest, but my arm must have given way and the edge hit me. Done some cartledge damge. Chest out of action for 6 weeks (still an issue to this day).

Currently, chronic tendonitis in my elbow, restricts very much what/Intensity/Weight I can do for a multitude of exercises.

and now a shoulder issue which does not appear to be getting any better.

apart from the physical, It's the mental drain of trying to not let it get you down i find the challenge.

List away :)

In 23 years 3 injuries an I don't even know if they were related to training.

Right shoulder and left shoulder pain 3 years ago and last year
Sore Hip - last year.

All healed with rest or working around the pain.

You're doing something wrong [MENTION=17086]misslifty[/MENTION];

I don't think I can remember any significant injury (from training) that has put me out of action for more than a couple of days

I recall one injury that actually stopped me from working out and that was caused by slipping arse over tit in the garage, hurt my shoulder when I tried to break the fall with my arm.

Over the years had minor aches and pains but that's it.

Last edited:
and now a shoulder issue which does not appear to be getting any better.

I had a shoulder issue last year from pressing and rowing incorrectly. To most people my form would have looked fine, here are two videos which finally fixed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU#at=54

http://therotater.com/blog/shoulder-irritation-improves-with-correct-rowing-technique/

Reduced ROM on rows really helped, I was just going a tad too far. It was a mystery to me where the fuck I was getting pain from, I had a good physio and he couldn't pin point it.

I also don't let my shoulders round when doing chins, which means reducing ROM a bit there too. Not sure if these will help you...

Maybe I should say my back issue wasn't actually caused from any weight training. I've had a back problem since I was a teenager. But strangly enough since I have changed to high bar squats I dont suffer with as much day to day pain as I was before.

*Smashed my ankle when I loaded Barbell fell on it
*Overuse of the left chest/shoulder - massive muscle spasm
*Soft tissue injury of the lower back from putting my back into contortionist mode.
*neck injury from unracking a bar wrong in the squat
*Fractured my tibia during a pull up

no injuries from lifting , well nothing that put me out of action

but from running , fractured talus bone , legs out of action for 6-8 weeks ,

Apart from the odd ache and pain, nothing from lifting. Footy is a different story, got a shopping list of injuries there.

I also tore my bicep tendon where it inserts into the forearm (or around there). I did it from wide grip pull ups, a set of 12, where I dropped too quickly. I need to go incredibly slowly on them not to irritate or tear it, I must have a weak insertion. Same with ring pull ups. Underhand are fine though.

[MENTION=12532]myst[/MENTION]; you've done something like this too yeah? Its a shitty injury to have, took 6-9 months to heal completely.

No injuries from weight training. Always given precedent to form over weight used.
I think most injuries people suffer in the gym is related to poor form. A lot can be said for lowering the weight and keeping form strict. Works the muscles better too. It's a pity some egos can't comprehend such ideas. They'd hurt a lot less.

Left knee sore from twisting it when playing tennis (bloody hard court, no slip).
Elbows are inflamed, nothing unsusal.

I also tore my bicep tendon where it inserts into the forearm (or around there). I did it from wide grip pull ups, a set of 12, where I dropped too quickly. I need to go incredibly slowly on them not to irritate or tear it, I must have a weak insertion. Same with ring pull ups. Underhand are fine though.

[MENTION=12532]myst[/MENTION]; you've done something like this too yeah? Its a shitty injury to have, took 6-9 months to heal completely.

Yeah those suck!

Mine was from kicking heavy dumbbells up to my shoulders for front presses, I hadn't trained with heavy dumbbells in a while and my biceps weren't ready for that sort of load.

Lots of assisted bicep curls 3 times per week, and then slowly working up from 1kg full curls until the pain went away.