• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein powder recommendations

Digestive enzymes man
I take them with every meal

Finally on this forum i can agree with you oni, they are spot on! I been having them with my dinner and they have been working a treat!! Can finally sleep after i eat

Just bought some No Bull coffee and vanilla WPI. Both batches taste totally different to the last ones I ordered - I actually liked the last ones. These two taste like absolute shit, and the stupid F*$$$# packets don't close property once opened. I wonder if my last ones tasted good because there was no protein in them as some people have mentioned.

I emailed the company yesterday after tasting these in disgust, asking WTF is going on - no reply as of yet.

Need to move onto something else.

Just bought some No Bull coffee and vanilla WPI. Both batches taste totally different to the last ones I ordered - I actually liked the last ones. These two taste like absolute shit, and the stupid F*$$$# packets don't close property once opened. I wonder if my last ones tasted good because there was no protein in them as some people have mentioned.

I emailed the company yesterday after tasting these in disgust, asking WTF is going on - no reply as of yet.

Need to move onto something else.

Question is why the fuck would you buy from them after all the shit that has happened? lol....

Don't mull over my shake long enough to care too much about the taste... As long as it is what it says it is after all the protein-gate business - I'm happy.

Cant even justify spending extra cash on WPI over WPC anymore let alone Casein etc..

Max's chocolate super whey tastes great with milk.
Negatives are would prefer just WPC not a blend.
Cheaper and exactly same effectiveness

Bulk nutrients.
Taste amazing and cheap

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I am yet to find a protein that tastes nice.

NoBull Mango and Choc Honeycomb were amazing but we all know there was no protein in them.

Then went BN, tried a few flavours and all are horrible chemical tasting, still have a few KG's here and I will have to follow Bazza 20's advice and just scull them down followed with something to wash the taste away, I dread having them, that's why they are still here.

Have some universal nutrition vanilla, and it is drinkable but still not nice tasting.

Max's proteins were really nice a few years ago, but they have now changed most if not all their formulas, and their protein content is now much higher with much less carbs.

Might order some Max's next time around once all the crap has gone and see how they go taste wise with the new formula, will probably order just a 1kg bag to see. But the Max's protein is looking really good on paper, ie the nutritional panel.

On another note the worst tasting protein ever is Venom, closely followed by anything from Optimum nutrition, the only two brands I have actaully thrown in the bin, there is no way I could have either without dry reaching or throwing up, Venom I was literally unable to finish a shake, I ended up tipping them out most of the time and ended up turfing the remaining powder straight into the bin.

Last edited:
I am yet to find a protein that tastes nice.

NoBull Mango and Choc Honeycomb were amazing but we all know there was no protein in them.

Then went BN, tried a few flavours and all are horrible chemical tasting, still have a few KG's here and I will have to follow Bazza 20's advice and just scull them down followed with something to wash the taste away, I dread having them, that's why they are still here.

Have some universal nutrition vanilla, and it is drinkable but still not nice tasting.

Max's proteins were really nice a few years ago, but they have now changed most if not all their formulas, and their protein content is now much higher with much less carbs.

Might order some Max's next time around once all the crap has gone and see how they go taste wise with the new formula, will probably order just a 1kg bag to see. But the Max's protein is looking really good on paper, ie the nutritional panel.

On another note the worst tasting protein ever is Venom, closely followed by anything from Optimum nutrition, the only two brands I have actaully thrown in the bin, there is no way I could have either without dry reaching or throwing up, Venom I was literally unable to finish a shake, I ended up tipping them out most of the time and ended up turfing the remaining powder straight into the bin.

Musclepharm banana cream if you don't think that is good you have serious problems