• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein powder recommendations

This is the way I do it.

All protein powder tastes like shit. You are not drinking it for the taste anyway so just get it down.

I just mix it with as little water as possible. Skull it down as quick as possible then have a water chaser handy to rinse the shit taste out.

You kidding me? Have you ever had musclepharm banana cream? You would take back that post if you have, i do think all the aussie ones are shithouse and yea before some knob chimes in and says "yeah but there the most purest and not cut with additives" truth is i dont give a hoot its nice on my porrige, yogurt or protein muffins cookies, brownies etc

You kidding me? Have you ever had musclepharm banana cream? You would take back that post if you have, i do think all the aussie ones are shithouse and yea before some knob chimes in and says "yeah but there the most purest and not cut with additives" truth is i dont give a hoot its nice on my porrige, yogurt or protein muffins cookies, brownies etc

Yeah yeah, everyone reckons they know a great tasting one but for me personally they all taste like shit. I'm not taking back anything.

Everyone thought no bull tasted great. It was all sugar. Lol.

The BSC Hydroxy one is pretty nice tasting, it's just fucking expensive.

The more expensive ones do taste better
The BN stuff literally tastes of sucralose haha. I don't buy it for the taste though, I buy it because it's $120 for 5kg

The more expensive ones do taste better
The BN stuff literally tastes of sucralose haha. I don't buy it for the taste though, I buy it because it's $120 for 5kg

Yeah thats not bad for an aussie brand, is rhat concentrate?

As i said i enjoy it in all forms of food and PwO with some carbs or intra, so taste is an inportant one for me, companies i know tht have been tested are the bit ones, and they cone back pretty good there got too much on the line, except BSN syntha 6 is damn cut like australian cocaine

nah isolate, the concentrate is $99 for 5kg
the concentrate was bloating me, switching to isolate I lost like 2kg haha

I cant believe in this day and age people are still complaining about protein powders tasting shit - sounds like a little kids not wanting to eat their veggies - there are a NUMBER of protein powders out there that taste good - of course its not like going to be drinking a milkshake - but shit what do you expect?

I cant believe in this day and age people are still complaining about protein powders tasting shit - sounds like a little kids not wanting to eat their veggies - there are a NUMBER of protein powders out there that taste good - of course its not like going to be drinking a milkshake - but shit what do you expect?

Lol. Taste is a personal thing. I think they taste like shit, are you going to tell me my taste buds are wrong. Lol.

Lol. Taste is a personal thing. I think they taste like shit, are you going to tell me my taste buds are wrong. Lol.

Of course not mate and of course its always going to be a personal thing - something I will love, someone else will hate - but there are so many products out there now that there a huge number that taste good - of course as I said you cant go into thinking its going to taste like a milkshake - you take it for what it is.

Of course not mate and of course its always going to be a personal thing - something I will love, someone else will hate - but there are so many products out there now that there a huge number that taste good - of course as I said you cant go into thinking its going to taste like a milkshake - you take it for what it is.

Like I said, I haven't found any that taste even close to good and like I said I'm not having it for the taste. That's why I chug them down as quick as possible.

Like I said, I haven't found any that taste even close to good and like I said I'm not having it for the taste. That's why I chug them down as quick as possible.

Totally agree mate - people who look for shakes that taste good are prob in the wrong game anyway - I find most protein shakes taste good but if they tasted like shit it wouldnt phase me either because they are not ment for taste.

Not in it for the taste either, but both gold standard strawberry flavour and double rich chocolate from ON are quite good just in water...

Tim.

Totally agree mate - people who look for shakes that taste good are prob in the wrong game anyway - I find most protein shakes taste good but if they tasted like shit it wouldnt phase me either because they are not ment for taste.

So do you eat a steak for the protein or the taste? If thats the case why not just drink whole eggs

Steak is fantastic tasting and also contains a heap of protein - best of both worlds....

Exactly my point man I and others drink the protein for the taste and the benifits, for someone to say that if you enjoy protein powder for the taste your in the wrong game is a bit asinine statement,

P.s i love me some scotch fillet

I drink protein shakes for the convenience. usually its the last meal of the day to fill in the remainder of my protein requirements. If I've already filled that quota with food then I'll pass on the shake. Having said that sometimes I'm pushed for time and I'll have one to fill the void.

Exactly my point man I and others drink the protein for the taste and the benifits, for someone to say that if you enjoy protein powder for the taste your in the wrong game is a bit asinine statement,

P.s i love me some scotch fillet

Yea mate I know what your saying - I never said if you enjoy the taste of protein shakes your in the wrong game haha - I just don't get why people complain about the taste of protein shakes as that is not the purpose of them at the end of the day.

I don't know of anyone who doesn't train who simply drinks protein shakes for the taste haha

I think we are on the same page just misunderstanding eachother

I like my shakes, usually have 2 per day and a quest bar or two to fill in between meals. Don't always have time to eat when I'm working so they're great on the convenience factor.

MP's Combat and BSN Syntha 6 are the best tasting I've had. ON's isn't bad either, just not in the same league as these two