• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dead arm

Johnnie Walker

Borderline Kunce
Had this in the past and its coming back again.. Bigger i get the more dead arms i get. Almost every morning wake up with a dead arm!

Anyone else get this?

might want to go get that checked out , recently heard about an australian rower that was having problems with his calves , turned out his calve muscle was pressing up against his nerves , end result was he got his calve muscle taken out

I get it all the time, dead arm in sleep, dead leg on the shitter.
The bigger the worse, get arm pump just from brushing my teeth or holding the phone to my ear.
Let me know what they find, we're probably dying from the same thing.

Mine go numb if I sleep on one side, or if I sleep with my arm over my head.

I woke up once with both arms numb and panicked pretty badly, its not cool having no feeling in your arms.

For sleeping on my side I think it might be a hydration issue, going to see how it goes increasing water intake before sleep.

Mine go numb if I sleep on one side, or if I sleep with my arm over my head.

I woke up once with both arms numb and panicked pretty badly, its not cool having no feeling in your arms.

For sleeping on my side I think it might be a hydration issue, going to see how it goes increasing water intake before sleep.

Tried water, just make you get up for a piss in the middle of the night.
Gotta somehow stop cutting off the circulation.

I got it for a bit.

when my arms started going numb just sitting in the car, I backed off the weights for a couple of weeks, and now I just get them in my sleep sometimes.

I know a bloke that had the same thing that had to get some muscle cut away from his nerves in his shoulder. (worst case scenario I think)

It's something I've always wondered, with increased muscle mass does your body still have the same blood volume or does it make more blood to accommodate the extra mass

It's something I've always wondered, with increased muscle mass does your body still have the same blood volume or does it make more blood to accommodate the extra mass

There is a relationship between weight and blood volume. Gain weight and you should have more blood volume.

Over at DD's forum, there was and is always talk that for an older trainee it is wise to reduce their overall weight.
And to give blood often.

Whether it fat or muscle tissue, it still places strain on the system.

I know many older blokes in the past do this, and I'm now seeing why there is benefit to this.

Maintaining as much muscle as possible and lose as much fat as possible.
For an older bloke who's looking at losing fat, expect considerable muscle loss too.

Which is probably not a bad thing.