• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Final Rep: Re-evaluating the Practice of "Training to Failure"

That's what I've been saying since day one, bravo Sir! If you dislike someone, or want to maintain some sort of advantage, ...simply give the wrong advice, ...but, but make it sound so damn convincing so as to make the irrational somewhat believable!

Fadi.
same for every sport or competition... is why people use cryogenic freezing for aluminium, and why Peter Brock used "fuel magnets" :D
and isn't that what 0ni does by understating his drug use? :p

besides.. these "insights" are from foreigners going to "guest train" with random coaches.... as if they are going to give away secrets of training to people not from China, or not in Chinese teams or programs???

Last edited:
"WEIGHTLIFTERS MUST USE BODYBUILDING EXERCISES TO PROGRESS IN THE SNATCH AND C&J"

Seems pretty clear cut to me

that's what this link from 0ni says as well..
http://www.allthingsgym.com/larrys-chinese-weightlifting-experience-part-1-snatches-squats/

pick an exercise to strengthen some of the muscles used for C&J (or whatever) and do that.. then later, do different exercise...
sound like weakness correction and normal strength training....

0nis other links say "the Chinese do EVERYTHING"

Yes, a strength athlete must develop their entire body maximally to be the best.
Even if you ignore this or don't believe it, even if, when did you last see a weightlifter with small quadriceps or back? Now tell me weightlifting is poor for the development of muscle mass

Oni, I'm a qualified Olympic weightlifting coach, and based on what you are presenting me here, would you accept it if I was to include some barbell or dumbbell curls in your weightlifting routine? How about some d/bell laterals? Perhaps some front raises while we're at it?! I'm only using your argument here to see if you would accept such irresponsible, not to mention detrimental advice on my part!

Please (for the 10tth time!!!), there are the real deal "stuff", and then there are what we need to tell the public, ..this by the way is not a tactic that is used exclusively by sport people.

Fadi.

but you said they need to do bodybuilding exercises for muscle mass...
now you are saying weightlifting is good for muscle mass...

ahhh I get it...

like the Chinese, Oni says "DO EVERYTHING".. even if it is contradictory :D

Yes, a strength athlete must develop their entire body maximally to be the best.
Even if you ignore this or don't believe it, even if, when did you last see a weightlifter with small quadriceps or back? Now tell me weightlifting is poor for the development of muscle mass

Who said it was poor for developing muscles?

Oni, I'm a qualified Olympic weightlifting coach, and based on what you are presenting me here, would you accept it if I was to include some barbell or dumbbell curls in your weightlifting routine? How about some d/bell laterals? Perhaps some front raises while we're at it?! I'm only using your argument here to see if you would accept such irresponsible, not to mention detrimental advice on my part!

Please (for the 10tth time!!!), there are the real deal "stuff", and then there are what we need to tell the public, ..this by the way is not a tactic that is used exclusively by sport people.

Fadi.

I already do these exercises and so does the Chinese weightlifting team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IDqX1eMFmA

but you said they need to do bodybuilding exercises for muscle mass...
now you are saying weightlifting is good for muscle mass...

ahhh I get it...

like the Chinese, Oni says "DO EVERYTHING".. even if it is contradictory :D

I stated pretty clearly the bb work was for the upper body.

How do you clearly know that?
None of the links you posted mentioned this

Yes it does, are you not reading them?
"Coach Fang’s prescription includes training one or two small muscles at the end of every workout, stressing the importance of upper back, lats, triceps, obliques, and abs in particular."

"Choose a body part and do an exercise (preferably isolation) for 6 sets of however many repetitions it takes to get some soreness or just go to failure, with whatever weight feels right. Very scientific, I know."

"Coach Fang said that a weightlifter MUST use bodybuilding exercises to progress in the snatch and clean and jerk."

It's taking me a while, but I think I'm finally beginning to understand you now Oni. I think you would believe it if a Chinese weightlifting coach (or Klokov) was to tell you that they drink coca cola before training due to its chemical composition and that nothing in the supplement world or the drug world would even compare with this amazingly powerful and delicious drink, for the explosive power that it gives each weightlifter who drinks it on a regular basis.

What more is there to say!

Fadi.

Last edited: