• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

World Kickboxing Federation Oceania president Robert 'Thunderlegs' Glasson-Wilesmith

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
World Kickboxing Federation Oceania president Robert 'Thunderlegs' Glasson-Wilesmith claims he left Queensland because of steroids

• 12 hours ago January 28, 2014 1:00AM

576726-ac3abc0e-871e-11e3-92e1-07d47f226b83.jpg

Robert 'Thunderlegs' Glasson-Wilesmith says steroid use in Queensland gyms is rampant. Picture: News Limited Source: News Limited

THE Oceania president of the World Kickboxing Federation says he moved out of Queensland because steroid use in gyms was rife.

Robert "Thunderlegs" Glasson-Wilesmith retreated to Sydney a year ago as he claims some gyms and kickboxing competitions became fronts for the sale of steroids and other illicit substances.
Cocktail of steroids, ice, alcohol breeding super thugs
Gyms an 'outlet' for drug-dealing bikies
Steroids crackdown 2:35

2428967111_promo213527074_648x365_2429132986-hero.jpg

A new police crackdown on the supply and use of steroids on the Gold Coast as part of a nationwide campaign against the drugs.

Autoplay

Mr Glasson-Wilesmith lived in Queensland for 12 years, spending time in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and north Queensland before moving to NSW in 2012.
"It is a huge problem, there are steroids everywhere,'' he said.
"You can have a young fella in a gym who wants to get better and they say to him: 'to be really good you've got to get on the juice'.
"They then think they are better than they are and get on the party scene in the Valley and mix it with other stuff. It just doesn't work.''
Mr Glasson-Wilesmith stressed not all gyms were pushing steroids, but said the issue was far more rampant in Queensland than NSW.
"The sport is not regulated in Queensland, any cowboy can put on a kicking boxing show and use it as a front for other things,'' he said.
"The bikies often infiltrate the gyms and use them as a front.''
Mr Glasson-Wilesmith ran dozens of gyms in Queensland for more than a decade. With degrees in sports science, he now trains many clients in parks across Sydney rather than in gyms.
He said many in the sport of kickboxing ended up in bikie gangs to make "easy money''.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...ause-of-steroids/story-fnii5v6w-1226811578105

Steroids are the devil. Funny how in thr uk the issues is neverraised, ever. It is still legal to poses steroids for persoanl use. Yet here its a fuckin witch hunt

Why not? If they can be legal in uk with no real issue then they clearly arnt the boogyman aus makes them out to be

For someone who used to use steroids you are fairly on your high horse

if one takes heroin once and then recovers, should he or she then advocate all try it on the basis of everyone having a right for personal use.

I tried PEDS a long time ago, out of curiosity, and perhaps I hung around with certain crowd.

My thoughts on steroid use, based on my own experience and observation, is illegal PEDS should be discouraged. Not necessary for most healthy people, and open to abuse with potential side effects.

Your view is different.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I must say that now I`m out of all that nonsense (from the UK originally/working the doors etc etc etc) I much prefer it.

On my last visit back there practically every muppet out there was on something, and the minute they put on a little "water weight," and bloat up with deca, they think they can take on the world.

It`s not a world I would want to go back to again and not a world I would recommend.

I`m glad things are tight here as it was what I needed to go natty, and become a better/healthier person for it.

Am I as big/strong/confident as I was? No, I`m not, am I healthier, fitter, and generally calmer? Yes I am.

For me the problem is with the fact that most of the clowns using it simply do so to look good on the party scene/stereosonic etc, rather than for a specific competitive edge.

I used to compete in BB and it went with the territory for the classes I was in. It was also legal so I guess I didn`t see an issue with it.

If it were illegal then I would not have bothered with it.

Just my 2cents worth on an interesting topic.

I must say that now I`m out of all that nonsense (from the UK originally/working the doors etc etc etc) I much prefer it.

On my last visit back there practically every muppet out there was on something, and the minute they put on a little "water weight," and bloat up with deca, they think they can take on the world.

It`s not a world I would want to go back to again and not a world I would recommend.

I`m glad things are tight here as it was what I needed to go natty, and become a better/healthier person for it.

Am I as big/strong/confident as I was? No, I`m not, am I healthier, fitter, and generally calmer? Yes I am.

For me the problem is with the fact that most of the clowns using it simply do so to look good on the party scene/stereosonic etc, rather than for a specific competitive edge.

I used to compete in BB and it went with the territory for the classes I was in. It was also legal so I guess I didn`t see an issue with it.

If it were illegal then I would not have bothered with it.

Just my 2cents worth on an interesting topic.

Steroids are much more prevelant here than the uk. Yes certain circles in the uk are heavy into the gear but overalll "looking good" isnt part of uk culture as it is here in aus. I would bet my balls there is a higher rate of steroid use in aus than the uk

I partly agree with that mate.

"Looking good," isn`t as much of an issue with pommies (as its usually freezing and poms are covered with clothes lol) as it seems to be here.

It would be interesting to know the percentages. I`m out of the gym scene now and have my own PTC so I don't see that side of it as much.

When I was in that scene, I did enjoy it, and I did many things that I prob would never have done were it not for how I looked/felt/acted (worked on the doors in a swingers club for a start lol).

They prob seem more prevalent here due to the massive media/public interest in them. No one batted much of an eyelid back there over them.

Yeh, living in bondi every kunce is ripped..just the beach life. In scotland if your ripped your in a serious minority..nation of fat kunce.

Aussie blokes in general are much bigger than the uk imo

Yeh, living in bondi every kunce is ripped..just the beach life. In scotland if your ripped your in a serious minority..nation of fat kunce.

Aussie blokes in general are much bigger than the uk imo

lol so true. Yeah when I first came out here I was thinking faaaark, everyone is a big unit.

That said, we had a massive Polish community in my hometown and those boys were all monsters!

if steroids for personal use should be illegal, then so should all cosmetic surgery.

ESPECIALLY fake boobs. why can a girl get fake boobs but a grown man in their 30's can't "use" not abuse some cosmetic devices of a different type. albiet one that makes a man a man.

discrimination :p