• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does being 'big' cause trouble for you?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
As the title says, does being physically big attract a lot of unwanted attention in bars/pubs/clubs for example?

If i whip my cock out then yeah gets some unwanted attention, had to be said lol only a matter of time

Well, I am 6'2" and around 115kg at the moment, my user name Big Mick was not my invention, it's what my mates have called me since I was about 19, (45 now). i do carry more fat than I would like, but I am in no way fat to look at when dressed in street cloths, but I do look like I lift.

I find it no trouble, quite the opposite, seems to make life easy, generally people will avoid confrontation with me. I have worked doors when I was younger around Bondi Junction, and worked the streets of Redfern as campus security at Redfern TAFE when I was in my 20's, and Redfern was a rough old joint back in the day, generally people used to steer clear and not argue back.

Last edited:
I had a guy come up to me when I was shopping around Christmas time and asked me "did you know steroids are bad for you?"

was pretty funny i guess

Well, I am 6'2" and around 115kg at the moment, my user name Big Mick was not my invention, it's what my mates have called me since I was about 19, (45 now). i do carry more fat than I would like, but I am in no way fat to look at when dressed in street cloths, but I do look like I lift.

I find it no trouble, quite the opposite, seems to make life easy, generally people will avoid confrontation with me. I have worked doors when I was younger around Bondi Junction, and worked the streets of Redfern as campus security at Redfern TAFE when I was in my 20's, and Redfern was a rough old joint back in the day, generally people used to steer clear and not argue back.

Isnt redfern still a shithole and always will be lol?

I had a guy come up to me when I was shopping around Christmas time and asked me "did you know steroids are bad for you?"

was pretty funny i guess

Did he have a cane and wear dark glasses?

Besides, that's only a complement if you're natural

:eek:

It has attracted attention. I've been drinking in a club and eventually got the tap on the shoulder to leave, I asked why? The bouncer said "you've put away a lot of booze and you're a big bloke and we aren't sure we can handle you, sorry"
True story, broome nightclub called the bungalow.

It has attracted attention. I've been drinking in a club and eventually got the tap on the shoulder to leave, I asked why? The bouncer said "you've put away a lot of booze and you're a big bloke and we aren't sure we can handle you, sorry"

Wow

Same story, I was asked to leave, the bouncer tapped me on the shoulder and said, "did you read the sign?" No firearms, "you need to leave, I don't know who let you in with those guns, but you need to leave now."

It has attracted ation. I've been drinking in a club andntually got the tap on the shoulder to leave, I asked why? The bouncer said "you've put away a lot of booze and you're a big bloke and we aren't sure we can handle you, sorry"

Same here...

Bouncers always give me a hard. time... Especially at the door!

Just gotta smile and speak in a friendly tone to allay there fears thst you wont turn into a nasty problem for them later on...

People usually mistake me for security, I can generally stand in a crowded area with my arms crossed and just look around and it will make people uneasy.

Thing is I'm a giant pussy, couldn't fight worth a damn VS someone with any skill so I certainly don't go around provoking anything.