• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
May be, but they are a vile texture and all I can taste is chemicals, I think people eat so much crap these days that their taste buds are desensitised to all the artificial sweeteners and additives.

I don't eat any artificial sweeteners or highly processed crap, almost all of of my food is prepared fresh from fresh ingredients like meat and vegetables, so I guess my taste is probably spoiled.

Dont eat any artificial sweeteners or processed food yet you buy a quest bar???

Dont eat any artificial sweeteners or processed food yet you buy a quest bar???

One Quest bar in a lifetime, I think I will live, especially since most of it ended up in land fill, pretty sure it's still there, as I am certain no insects or anything else will eat it, it will probably degrade slowly over the next 3 million years, the wrapper will be gone in 2 million years.

One Quest bar in a lifetime, I think I will live, especially since most of it ended up in land fill, pretty sure it's still there, as I am certain no insects or anything else will eat it, it will probably degrade slowly over the next 3 million years, the wrapper will be gone in 2 million years.

Really weird for someone who doesn't eat sweeteners to buy a bar full of sweeteners. In any case what did you expect. Of course it was going to taste like shit.

The bar itself will break down fine very quickly. The wrapper no.

No artificial sweeteners?
Why did you order the Future Whey sample? Plenty of Sucralose in that bad boy too!

No artificial sweeteners?
Why did you order the Future Whey sample? Plenty of Sucralose in that bad boy too!

Has already been discussed, I am certain one serving in a lifetime will not instantly kill me or have any long term detrimental effect considering a large part of the population chose to live of this processed rubbish.

It's amazing how many people throw the baby out with the bath water or don't understand moderation or even trying new things, you have to try something before you can make a judgement, would be a bit stupid of me to make a judgement on something without trying it myself first.

That's fair enough but as mentioned before, what are you evaluating other than taste with just one sample?
I'd be more interested in you buying a kg of protein and running it for a month or two until it runs out and then evaluating your findings rather than one serving

That's fair enough but as mentioned before, what are you evaluating other than taste with just one sample?

Yes evaluating the taste. There can be no other evaluation made as unless I have a protein deficiency it can not make a difference to any other part of my life or training.

I'd be more interested in you buying a kg of protein and running it for a month or two until it runs out and then evaluating your findings rather than one serving

Been there done that over many many years, hence me knowing that it will not make a difference, it's not steroids, it's just plain old amino acids with a fancy label and marketing, I get plenty of them from my two mid morning eggs, and my 300-500 gram serving of meat and veggies and salad for dinner.

My tank af amino acids is well and truly full, putting more in my tank will not have me travelling any further or faster it will simply overflow.

Has already been discussed, I am certain one serving in a lifetime will not instantly kill me or have any long term detrimental effect considering a large part of the population chose to live of this processed rubbish.

It's amazing how many people throw the baby out with the bath water or don't understand moderation or even trying new things, you have to try something before you can make a judgement, would be a bit stupid of me to make a judgement on something without trying it myself first.

You are changing the discussion. No one said eating one serving or sweeteners will kill you(it certainly won't and many servings a day won't kill you either) . It's just when you say you don't eat sweeteners then go and buy a bar with sweeteners in it it's not making sense.

On the other side of it have you given a lower protein amount a decent go?

ive done both. I used to eat over 3g per kg body weight protein now on around half that and finding things going better now.

I've gone as low as around 1g/kg purely for a maintenance phase of around 3-4 months. Overall cals were aimed at keeping the same weight so it can't really be compared to if I would grow at the same rate. If I'm going to up the cals to increase weight though, in that instance protein would be the first thing I'd increase rather than carbs or fats making up the extra 500cals or whatever.

I think 1.5-2g is the sweet spot for most

You are changing the discussion. No one said eating one serving or sweeteners will kill you(it certainly won't and many servings a day won't kill you either) . It's just when you say you don't eat sweeteners then go and buy a bar with sweeteners in it it's not making sense.

Makes perfect sense I don't eat sushi every day either, but about three weeks ago I had some, for the first time in years, does not mean I now live on a diet based on sushi, also does not mean I can not decide to have sushi again in another three years or even next week. Just because 98% of my diet is based on eating various meats, vegetables and salads does not mean I cant have a sausage on a sandwich when I go to Bunnings in two weeks time. Does not mean my diet is now based on Sausage sandwiches it's just what I had that day.

In my day to day normal eating I don't have any artificial sweeteners, can't see the point, don't really eat anything that is processed or packaged either, don't really eat pasta or bread as it makes me feel like crap. does not stop me from having a Mars Bar one day or this time I mistakenly opted for a Quest Bar, as it was there, and seemed like a better alternative to a Mars Bar at that particular time, especially since at the time I remembered this thread discussing how amazing they taste.

Unfortunately taste is very subjective I guess and I learned they taste like arse and I will never be buying one again, so once over a lifetime is not really a life changing event, if I found them to be great tasting they could possibly have been a snack alternative to other less healthy options, but clearly now I have learned they are not.

May be, but they are a vile texture and all I can taste is chemicals, I think people eat so much crap these days that their taste buds are desensitised to all the artificial sweeteners and additives.

I don't eat any artificial sweeteners or highly processed crap, almost all of of my food is prepared fresh from fresh ingredients like meat and vegetables, so I guess my taste is probably spoiled.
LMAO you dont eat artificial sweeteners.
WTF is this shit then??

Capture.jpg

LMAO you dont eat artificial sweeteners.
WTF is this shit then??

View attachment 12356

Why did my original reply get deleted?? Did it make you look too stupid??

It's BBQ sauce I put on my pork ribs that I have usually every 6-8 weeks.

I am guessing you still having trouble understanding what 98% means, and what moderation is.

Don't notice any artificial sweeteners either.

Last edited:
Water, Sugar, Tomato Paste, Vinegar, Molasses, Thickeners (1422, 415), Salt, Honey, Canola Oil, Vegetable Powders (Onion, Garlic), Spices, Red Bell Pepper, Worcestershire Sauce, Flavour, Preservative (202). Contains Honey.