• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sacroiliac joint injury(si joint injury)!!!!!!

HEY GUYS NEW to the site ...TTT I was reading posts earlier by coin and sticky in a post said that you would be a great personal trainer for a learner ,do you do personal training or know anybody... I prefer personal training to keep that push you can do it attitude. COOL SITE BTW

HEY GUYS NEW to the site ...TTT I was reading posts earlier by coin and sticky in a post said that you would be a great personal trainer for a learner ,do you do personal training or know anybody... I prefer personal training to keep that push you can do it attitude. COOL SITE BTW

Look up PTC Brisbane
Also is your favourite supplement really algae? What the fuck man

As mentioned, look up www.ptcbrisbane.com
[MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION] (Scott) is owner and Strength Coach of that gym.
You don't have to be a powerlifter, but you do have to want to get stronger/faster etc etc.

I'm just an old guy that trains at home.
The other guy was in my suburb so I suggested we might be able to train together but then realised that I've got 2 dogs in the area I traing and kind of train around my own life hurdles so can't really be depended on.

so head on over to North gate and check out PTC Brisbane.

Popped my left SI joint a few weeks ago......... getting off the couch. How embarrassment.

IF it's a real SI joint injury then you gotta do 2 things.

1/ Get the joint back in place.

2/ Release and relax the muscles surrounding the joint. They are all OMG and WTF and need some tender care, like Justin Beiber in the cage with Bubba the Sheep Lover.

A Physical Therapist will generally not have a clue. Sorry.

A hospital will have even less of a clue. Google South Park and the Hardy Boys.

Go to an Osteopath to get the muscles released and the joint back in place. Again, having a plaque on the wall means nothing. Ask around for long time gym users and find an osteo that either does gym or who knows what gym users need. We don't sit on the couch all day beating off to Justin Timberlake movies, at least not all the time. We go to gym and get all, like, shredded 'n ripped 'n horse strong so we need different treatment. Your average dipshit will never put their SI joint out. They will usually have a lower back issue due to a huge gut pulling on the vertebrae.

After the Osteo has it sorted (might take a couple of visits) go to a sports massage therapist who does Active Release Therapy (ART) massage. Again, ask around and find one that knows what they are doing. They will make you scream for your mother and cry like a baby but will ensure that the muscles are fully relaxed, allowing the joint to settle and get rid of any inflammation.

I did the above and I was all good to deadlift in a week, but gave it two weeks just to be sure.

Oh, and do lots of walks. It helps to settle the joint into it's proper position.

After the Osteo has it sorted (might take a couple of visits) go to a sports massage therapist who does Active Release Therapy (ART) massage. Again, ask around and find one that knows what they are doing. They will make you scream for your mother and cry like a baby but will ensure that the muscles are fully relaxed, allowing the joint to settle and get rid of any inflammation.

Good point, I think for anyone getting seriously into lifting a manual therapist like someone trained ART is worth their weight in gold. Although foam rolling and band stretching are great, they can't fix existing issues at all really. I'd find someone who's highly recommended in your area, and get them to sort out your issues before they worsen. Unfortunately when i began lifting heavy i had SI joint issues, this was on the back of quad/hip flexor dominance and weak as piss glutes, but after a few visits to the active release therapist that was highly recommended I was sorted. I hope this helps.