• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fontera

Aren't they the ones that supply the protein powder to everyone that sells protein powder. Ie this is the original raw product that then gets blended into the stuff we consume.

Aren't they the ones that supply the protein powder to everyone that sells protein powder. Ie this is the original raw product that then gets blended into the stuff we consume.

Sure is mate, they have a great product range too, I have emailed them about how to purchase ect ect.

Actually i think alot of our powders come from NZ, its probably cheaper....

This is turning into a drug game, need to cut out the middle man to make sure your gear isent jumped on.

Sad. But true.

Might be time to buy/sell our own protein powder, obviously there is no QC required.

Hi Sydking,

I think you may have missed Mick's point.

This isn't a "protein company" like us or others. They are suppliers of the actual raw stock.

You can't actually make an order with them for anything small. They deal with companies such as ourselves only who make significant orders in the 100's of kg's at a time.

Fonterra is a multi billion dollar dairy company. This is not where the problem is starting.
It commences when this quality raw stock arrives here in Australia and then gets put through a blenders machine here when mixing with flavour.

Let me know if that's understandable to read and I can expand if needed.

Hi Sydking,

This isn't a "protein company" like us or others. They are suppliers of the actual raw stock.

You can't actually make an order with them for anything small. They deal with companies such as ourselves only who make significant orders in the 100's of kg's at a time.

Fonterra is a multi billion dollar dairy company. This is not where the problem is starting.
It commences when this quality raw stock arrives here in Australia and then gets put through a blenders machine here when mixing with flavour.

^^^ yes this is what I was trying to say, but you said it better, these guys are the producers of the protein powder that protein companies like BN, NB, Venom etc etc use as their stock to blend the stuff they sell to us.

Hi Sydking,

All good mate i understand. Thats why i said gotta cut the middle man out and head straight to the source :)

When i said NZ, they also have a version of Fontera, Alot of protein companys like yourself will state weather its NZ sourced whey or Aussie.

Last edited:
^^^ yes this is what I was trying to say, but you said it better, these guys are the producers of the protein powder that protein companies like BN, NB, Venom etc etc use as their stock to blend the stuff they sell to us.
NB had no say it it. They used whatever PnM used. A Californian Cheese Company from memory. :D

Fonterra wont talk to you unless your talking 'tons' not kgs usually....

Otherwise you have various companies out there who distribute their products...

google search Milk Powder distributors or 20kg Whey Protein Concentrate/Isolate and you should find many companies to buy it from....BN is another one.

BN source there protein from Fonterra, mainly the Tasmanian 'refinery' I believe.

Largest protein supplier in the southern hemisphere.

They've recently been in the news due to accusations of poor/contaminated product which later turned out to be false.
Everybody uses it, you just have to find a good supplier that won't cut it with cheap fillers.

I don't know why you would bother ordering it from NZ with the shipping times, when most supplement companies will have next day shipping.
BN quote up to 3 business days, but I've never had anything worse than next day if I order before 3. (I live in a metro area)

lmao so true.

I get my 20kg sacks from Professional Whey ... they come in the original Fonterra sacks.

I have a commercial arrangement but anyone can order them online.
So much cheaper too.

Provided it is unflavoured of course, the original 20kg Fonterra bags is what we send out also. This is how they arrive to us from Fonterra.

Unloading a few hundred kg's of these at our dock is great fun.....

I think most Whey proteins have a shelf life of 2 years from the date of manufacture. However its very hard to find bags that are fresh or manufactured recently. I want to buy 20kg of WPC but most suppliers tend to have stock that is already 8 - 12 months old. Wish I could find fresher stock!

so after opening... not going to last a year?
think i'll stick with 1kg bags then...

No has nothing to do when you open the bag. Every food product has either an 'expiry date' or 'best before'. The general shelf life of whey proteins is 24 months from the date of manufacture, but if stored really well (in a air tight, light proof container in cool conditions) it will last longer.

No has nothing to do when you open the bag. Every food product has either an 'expiry date' or 'best before'. The general shelf life of whey proteins is 24 months from the date of manufacture, but if stored really well (in a air tight, light proof container in cool conditions) it will last longer.

Your comment is contradictory.

Opening the bag has nothing to do with it, yet storing it in an airtight container can extend shelf life.

If you are constantly opening and closing the bag over the period of a year, moisture will effect the consistency of the powder.

so after opening... not going to last a year?
think i'll stick with 1kg bags then...

At 60g a day, a 20 KG bag will take 333 days on consume. So if you live with someone that's training as well then going halves works out well, less then 6 months to consume. Otherwise 10kg or 5kg at a time works out cheap, from BN anyway