• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Raw foods and bodybuilding

My mum makes raw dishes, I can remember a couple.
One is premium mince, cured with salt and onion and other stuff and needs to sit in fridge for some time to do something rather. It's served in a bowl and you put it on bread.
I was never a fan, most kids weren't, but the oldies lived of it.

Another was something like prosciutto and sausages, cold smoked, so never cooked, but completely dehydrated to where the produce goes really dry. Now these are good, my mum still brings over my monthly supy.
When the boys come over I chop it up, slice some cheese and serve with cold beer.
Not exactly bb diet, but that is as far as I go with raw food.

Thanks for all the comments ;)

I am just wondering how some bodybuilders became successful with their goal by just eating raw foods. I mean, it is quite interesting to know the benefits of this diet. It's not bad, actually it is good for the body especially for long term use. Though there are risk, but the effect on us is quite much better, right? I know we have different opinions here, but still, it's quite interesting to know that "there" are existing bodybuilders who just rely on raw food diets. :)

Reading this article makes me further believed in the benefits of raw food diet in bodybuilding
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/how-to-eat-raw-recover-faster-get-better-results.htm

Last edited:
Carb's have sugars and starch
Although relatively short complex sugars, unlike some animals we lack the digestive enzymes needed to breakdown these to simple components.

Some people do have the abllity due to certain flora in the large intestine, the byproduct is bad farts.

To enable proper absorption in the small intestine (glucose) chewing and digestion play a role.

I think cooking also breaks down these complex sugars to a certain extent.

Grains need soaking or cooking too, phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors block absorption of some elements like iron, calcium, magnesium, copper and zinc, soaking, fermenting and cooking, sort of act as pre-digestion, breaking down the phytic acid and shit.

When we run out of cows we can eat the vegans

Fuck that, have you ever eaten meat that was fed an incorrect diet? It's dogshit
I'll eat the fat Italian's that can't run away thanks, you keep your vegans I'll ahve the grass fed people

Fuck that, have you ever eaten meat that was fed an incorrect diet? It's dogshit
I'll eat the fat Italian's that can't run away thanks, you keep your vegans I'll ahve the grass fed people

eat a meat eating cow, what would that be like??