• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Venom Protein Review

Received my sample pack of Venom Protein this morning, contains 10 different flavours but for some reason I only got 9 (looks like I missed out on the Watermelon :mad:), and I will be doing a taste review on every one as I try them.

The sample pack cost $20 delivered, and came with a $20 discount voucher for my next order, so I suppose in theory the sample pack is free.

However I feel it's going to be a waste of time as I tested one sample this morning and things were not promising at all.:rolleyes:

This is what came in the mail:

Now I still had a Bulk Nutrients test kit left, so I though I put it to good use, and the results are not looking great…..this is supposed to be black if it is protein powder:mad: :

Wouldn't you just chuck the whole shit out after that test? How correct is that?

Wouldn't you just chuck the whole shit out after that test? How correct is that?

Did consider that. But will wait for lab tests to get back before I make final decision.

If I was on a keto diet I would certainly not be having them, but they might make a nice post workout shake with carbs and protein:p

I was probably 80% sure they would not pass a test when I ordered them, but thought I would give it a run anyway.

Going by what I have tasted so far would not be buying any of them, even if they were $10 per kilo, but still have a few to go!

This is why I thoroughly enjoy this forum.

I'm a die hard supporter of BN proteins, but when I heard the ads I was a little intrigued.
Good to see people are keeping the companies honest, I'll be passing the info on once the results come back.

Speaking of which, when are the results due?

This is why I thoroughly enjoy this forum.

I'm a die hard supporter of BN proteins, but when I heard the ads I was a little intrigued.
Good to see people are keeping the companies honest, I'll be passing the info on once the results come back.

Speaking of which, when are the results due?

Id say this time next week mate, Il give a full update when i receive them.

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Cookies and Cream Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG :Smells nothing like Cookies and Cream, just has a pleasant sweet smell, like sweet milk.

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, Tastes like sweet milk, does not even have a hint of Cookies and Cream flavour, still has the bad chemical after taste. Texture was good.

Gave some to the wife for a second opinion her response was, 'ok, but not cookies and cream, after taste not as bad as the others, she actually swallowed this one rather than spitting it out.

I did end up tipping it down the sink as I can not stand the chemical taste, would definitely not buy this as a matter of fact if it was given away for free I would not bother taking any of it.

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Wild Berry Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Smelled exactly like bubble gum.

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, tasted pretty much like it smelled, I think this flavour should be called bubble gum, no berry taste detected no matter how much I tried to use my imagination. Still has the same strong chemical after taste, but I have concluded that this must be the sweetener they use. Offered some to wife for the second opinion and after smelling it she shook her head and said 'No I will throw up"

I again did not even bother finishing the 250ml shake and tipped the rest down the sink.

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Natural Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Smelled exactly like WPC should, compared the texture, colour and taste of the dry powder to BN natural WPC, and they were identical.

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, tasted like natural WPC does, so no surprises there and all good. No second opinion required, it's just WPC with no flavour.

Last edited:
PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Butterscotch Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Smelled somewhat like butterscotch but much sweeter smell

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, tasted pretty much like it smelled, very chemically sweet with a hint of butterscotch flavour. Wife will no longer play ball and refuses to taste any of them

I again did not even bother finishing the 250ml shake and tipped the rest down the sink.

THE END:eek:

This will be the last review, as seriously they all taste the same, with the exact same chemical taste base, so I just chucked the rest of the samples in the bin as I can no longer be bothered, as obviously the manufacturer has not bothered either to make these even remotely appealing.

Wouldn't you just chuck the whole shit out after that test?

In the end I have taken your advice, I thought I could get through them all, but tasting the last few I actually felt insulted, as clearly they had not even bothered to taste their own product or made any attempt to try and imitate the flavours that have printed on the packet.

So the rest got turfed in the bin, I actually made the effort and took them straight into the outside bin as I did not want to contaminate my kitchen tidy bin.

So what was the wash up in Lab report?
I have used Venom (wild berry) and Bulk Nutrients (strawberry).
Difference in taste is amazing, the BN dissolves in 10-15 shakes and tastes brilliant imo, the Venom takes for ever, and I still find undissolved lumps when I drink it, and it is drinkable at best.
The price difference is the attraction, but if it is dodge, that makes me angry.

So what was the wash up in Lab report?
I have used Venom (wild berry) and Bulk Nutrients (strawberry).
Difference in taste is amazing, the BN dissolves in 10-15 shakes and tastes brilliant imo, the Venom takes for ever, and I still find undissolved lumps when I drink it, and it is drinkable at best.
The price difference is the attraction, but if it is dodge, that makes me angry.

Hi Rev,

Have you considered lab testing both you have there (ours and the other brand)?

You just need to grab a form from us to fill out to send to the lab.
Find a mail box and mail it in with a sample of both protein powders.
Check your email for the results.

That's it.
We pay the bill. Free of charge to you.

Although we may need to start looking into not only testing for protein percentage but asking for a full amino evaluation test done to see if it matches WPC or WPI. This ensures a company hasn't added in cheap amino acids to bump up the protein content while using as little WPC or WPI as possible.

Email address to obtain a form is: proteintestingkit@bulknutrients.com.au
It's free and you will get solid proof if you are being ripped off or not.

To Venom Protein inquiries,

A number of customers have tested Venom protein.

All proteins have returned content near claimed on the nutritional panel, some even above!

But, please also note..
The nutritional panel states they use Whey Peptides, which can be a cheaper way of boosting the protein content but use less Whey Protein.
Some on here have posted about "Nitrogen boosting" of protein and understand the topic well from what we have read.

We encourage you to contact Venom and ask them to explain how they include Whey Peptides in their formulas and how it affects the protein content of their powders.
In fairness, no one should jump to conclusions or make accusations about a company until they have gotten an explanation in writing from them first.

wpichocn.jpg

Last edited: