• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheat meals.....

Gettingbigger

Just wondering what sort of amounts of good people consume in a cheat meal here?

I'm cutting at the mo and had my first cheat meal after two strict weeks. I had......

An angry whopper
A tropical whopper
A bacon double cheeseburger
Large fries
A donut
Approximately 500g cadburies creations chocolate.

This was all in one sitting.

Any ideas on cals consumed and what sort if amounts and types do you eat on a cheat meal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling rough for it now lol! Tomorrow will be a minimal carb day then back to cutting levels again on Monday

Looks like you just undid 2 weeks of solid dieting :)

My cheat meal is usually a monster chilli burger for a local cafe. It's a beast and it's delicious. I usually have it (when I'm working local and sweating my arse off) about lunch time and not eat again until 7-8pm.

Hahaha
MFP says over 5300 cals, half of that is the chocolate.

I don't really go all out, probably similar to above. 1/2 to 3/4 of a pizza (can't eat a full one these days), or a zinger burger box or a couple of bacon deluxes. No way I could fit in everything you ate, half a kilo of chocolate would make me puke!

You can't undo an entire weeks dieting in a single meal
Metabolically impossible
You could eat 10,000+ calories, would not matter. Body can't process that much in one go. The same amount spread all over a day, still marginally worse. Two days would be a no-no

Cheat meals are a good psychological break.

You can't undo an entire weeks dieting in a single meal
Metabolically impossible
You could eat 10,000+ calories, would not matter. Body can't process that much in one go. The same amount spread all over a day, still marginally worse. Two days would be a no-no

Cheat meals are a good psychological break.

How much can a body process in one sitting then?

How much can a body process in one sitting then?

Common sense would say that this figure would be different for every person on the planet. How much weight can you gain in one meal?? Could not imagine a lot if the rest of your diet is 90% OK.

When I tried Carb Nite I would roughly lose about 1-2kg per week, and after my big carb nite I would actually lose more weight by eating pizza and ice cream for dinner till I felt ill, so in a cheat meal situation the metabolism would rev up and you would not gain any weight/fat at all.

Yeah my understanding is that a cheat meal increases the levels of leptin in the body which will drop over the course of a strict diet.

Leptin is involved in the regulation of metabolism amongst other things, so by boosting leptin levels with a cheat meal, you kick start your metabolic rate.

It could all be bro-science so don't take my word for it but I certainly feel increased thermogenesis for a day or two after a big cheat.....plus I train legs on Monday so I like to be fully fuelled for that :)

Last edited:
Just wondering what sort of amounts of good people consume in a cheat meal here?

I'm cutting at the mo and had my first cheat meal after two strict weeks. I had......

An angry whopper
A tropical whopper
A bacon double cheeseburger
Large fries
A donut
Approximately 500g cadburies creations chocolate.

This was all in one sitting.

Any ideas on cals consumed and what sort if amounts and types do you eat on a cheat meal?

The more you diet the less you crave I feel - and the more you cheat the more your going to crave - of course plan a cheat meal/carbup meal for the week but dont go crazy - I personally think the meal you listed was abit over the top.

As you diet more though you want to cut down on the cheat meal size and ultimately when your getting closer to reaching the end of your diet cut them out all together - maybe the last week or 2.

Everyone is different though and you may be able to consume that amount without it making much difference and also making you feel alot better and able to tackle another week of dieting - I would though suggest as the diet goes on - cut down on the size of the cheat, and honestly you'll get to a point where you wont really be craving things you'll simply feel you need a carb up.

I am at the point in my diet now where some oats/honey/peanut butter/protein powder (mixed together) and acouple bits of toast is like heaven....if you'd asked me 4-5 weeks ago though I would of killed a man for pizza and ice-cream.