• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

lkt004

Thought i would put this here if anybody is interested.

On the 8th of December i weighed in at 89.9kg, i was fat, there is no other way to say it, i was making great strength gains having squatted 275kg without wraps in single ply, 130kg raw bench etc. on a seefood diet.

I decided to go on "carb nite", 6 days at 30g of carbs or less, most days i would be at 40g, but my body has responded well. Then every Sunday i do a 3 hour carb binge, usually a pizza, 500ml gelato, 250g pasta, sushi and a heap of potato. From what i can see so far, the dirtier the better!

This week i added in a 1 hour window on Wednesdays, so many potatoes, doesn't seem to have had an effect on weight loss or fat.

Was 80.8 this morning and top abs are now visible, quads are about an inch smaller (hopefully fat loss) but are looking much bigger.

Will post pics when i get a chance for reference.

Training hasn't been all that affected by it, maximal strength is down due to the weight loss but will still PR in Feb.

Will post updates, what i eat, how i feel etc.

Thanks to 0ni for the help when i first began, easy to modify and manipulate to fit your own personal needs.

so basically you reduced calories for 6 days of the week? or did you replace the carb calories into fat/protein?

Similar calories as before, some days would be higher, i am not really tracking calories or anything special, using the mirror as a guide.

Yesterday was a higher calorie day.

450g fillet steak

110g macadamia nuts

2 coffees

16 pure beef sausages (480g)

450g chicken in salad

Some vegies.

Woke up the leanest i have so far today lol.

Today is carb day.

Basically my goal is to be right smack bang on 82.5, fully carb and water loaded for the comp on Feb 16th, i will need to be around 79.5kg fully depleted for this to happen.

Basically my goal is to be right smack bang on 82.5, fully carb and water loaded for the comp on Feb 16th, i will need to be around 79.5kg fully depleted for this to happen.

Isn't it a 24h weigh in? Wouldn't you want to be 82.4 carb and water depleted?

Good work, I did the see food diet (probably to a greater extent than you) and it costs gains in the long term. Fat loss took ages for me and strength went nowhere.

Doing 2700 calories now, very small rise in weight over ~2 weeks, and I'm hitting PBs. Lean gains are the way to go I think.

BTW, you're at PTC yeah? Programs are good there. I went down to PTC gold coast for some training and got a program for bench (digit or something?) looks really good. Not going to follow the dead/squats part, that would be suicide for me.

Isn't it a 24h weigh in? Wouldn't you want to be 82.4 carb and water depleted?

I'll be walking in, weighing and and starting to warm up, i am travelling for this meet and i do not want to be stuffing around getting from the city out to the gym.

going great guns mate. Looks like your body likes the CKD hey.

I'm amazed at retaining the strength actually with that much weight loss so far. I wish I could do the same but after about 3-4 days I feel weak as piss basically.

An interesting thing I've noticed is that after effectively starving myself for a month, a slight raise in calories was enough to see some muscular gains. I am struggling to keep my body weight low. I need it below 70kg ideally until February but I am waking up at 71. Legs, traps and back are noticeably bigger lol

Obviously this will be less pronounced for "regular" people
I think this says a lot about homoeostasis and "permabulking". The body likes staying the same. Gradually upping calories to gain weight seems like a great way to get fat and not much more muscular. Perhaps crash dieting and crash bulking is a much better way of doing it. 4 weeks of each

The one thing i am noticing is that training can be VERY inconsistent, some days i feel great, some i feel terrible. Squatting is harder than deadlifting at the moment, not sure why.

I think fat loss has slowed a little, added in the carb day on Wednesdays which should help with Thursday/Friday sessions.

My normal diet is full of sausages, bacon, etc. already lol.

79.7kg this morning, 2 very high calorie days ahead then carb window on Sunday afternoon, will be interesting to see my weight on Monday.

Nice
How many grams of fat are you eating normally, on a day to day basis?

BTW I just dropped protein shakes completely (aside from one during training) and I dropped a bit of weight. I think it might be bloat from whey concentrate so I bought some isolate instead. I'll maybe start drinking them often again after my meet and see if it bloats me the same

I also think that if you're replacing meals with shakes, you're probably not dieting hard enough
I made the switch because instead of a shake I can eat 100g of chicken breast and it satisfies me so much better. Even cold and limp with a bit of mustard it seems like heaven haha