• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

IPF and Supplements

Light Weight

I'm sure this is a touchy subject but I'm going to ask anyway.

What supplements if any can I use if I compete with IPF?

My mind is pretty much set on competing with Powerlifting Australia this year but I love my supplements, especially stim based ones. I'm hoping I can still take some supplements without fretting about returning positive on a drug test.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I know a lot of you are dead set against supplements as they don't work, blah blah blah.. But I'm not here to debate that with anyone.

Last edited:
Stick with the basics -

Protein
Creatine
Pre-workout (if you need it and alot of the time contains some form of creatine)
L-Gluatmine (maybe)
Multi (maybe!)
Fish oil
Vit C
Zinc

The supplements listed above are what I consider "basics" - other people will have other ideas on the "basics"

What sort of supplements are you thinking of taking to question if they can be used while competing with the IPF?

Stick with the basics -

Protein
Creatine
Pre-workout (if you need it and alot of the time contains some form of creatine)
L-Gluatmine (maybe)
Multi (maybe!)
Fish oil
Vit C
Zinc

The supplements listed above are what I consider "basics" - other people will have other ideas on the "basics"

What sort of supplements are you thinking of taking to question if they can be used while competing with the IPF?

Include an intra (bcaa) and that's pretty much what I take minus the multi amd Vit C.
I've heard that some pre workouts and fat burners will result in a positive drug test :/

Most legal stim supps are apparently ok out of competition use. I know guys who just make sure they stop using them a few weeks out just to be sure.

Coffee and no-doze are both perfectly legal though, even if you use 4x the recommended daily amount in one sitting.

Include an intra (bcaa) and that's pretty much what I take minus the multi amd Vit C.
I've heard that some pre workouts and fat burners will result in a positive drug test :/

This would of been the products with 1,3 Dim in them - which you can now no longer buy OTC - it is illegal for supplement stores to sell products that contain this. So no need to worry about this anymore - unless for some reason you get your hands on older pw's/fatburners.

You can also still get done for a lot of the pre-workouts, most of them contain synephrine now instead. Basically, don't touch preworkouts anywhere near a meet - you can look up the exact half-lives if you want to be exact (5 half lives is considered elimination, I give it 10) but then you run into issues with imported supps which don't list all their ingredients.

ASADA say just don't use any supplements at all.

And yeah, there isn't a banned limit on caffeine any more.