• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Vertical Leg Press

I'm considering getting some sort of vertical leg press, I like the idea of more resistance compared to the traditional 45deg leg press.

Does anyone here use one, and what's your thoughts on it's effectiveness?

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

And just because....

v3.jpg

I've used one in the gym, can't get used to it, when all the way down it feels like your guts are about to explode out of your arse and the movement feels short.
Saying that remember that I'm not the most flexible kunce and it did hit the hamies hard, may work for you.

Never used one dark.

But I place them in the same category as the smith, nothing inherently wrong until you are moving significant weight.

Hi Darkoz
Used one many years ago (Samson Brand) and did find loading and unloading plates a pain due to the height of the pins. I'm only 170cm though. It wasn't to bad and as said earlier hits the hams well. At heavy weights I did find it a bit tough on the back though.

Neil has one out at Winning Physique, used it a few times and found it pretty brutal on the legs especially after squatting....

I'm considering getting some sort of vertical leg press, I like the idea of more resistance compared to the traditional 45deg leg press.

Does anyone here use one, and what's your thoughts on it's effectiveness?

View attachment 8753

View attachment 8754

And just because....

View attachment 8755

vertical leg press aye.. guessing bending over for bazza wasn't working out for the hammies....

its a good piece of equipment when used correctly, it can create muscle definition and separation my father used it in his time and he had the freakiest legs. he would put shame on even competitor bodybuilders and he loved this machine but that requires some1 to show you how its used and your a poof, so nobody will show you anyway.... i think u should buy it..

this won't make ur legs grow any better then lunges or squats... so i like u wasting ur money and when ur done and you can't be bothered training no more give the equipment to me.

Last edited:
I have used the smith machine as one ages ago, can load it up reasonably heavy 200kg.

Can't say my legs felt any different to 45 degree press etc.

A proper machine would be nice though.

Can't say I have actually seen one in any gym I have been to.
But would be interested in trying one, even though it looks awkward.

vertical leg press aye.. guessing bending over for bazza wasn't working out for the hammies....

its a good piece of equipment when used correctly, it can create muscle definition and separation my father used it in his time and he had the freakiest legs. he would put shame on even competitor bodybuilders and he loved this machine but that requires some1 to show you how its used and your a poof, so nobody will show you anyway.... i think u should buy it..

this won't make ur legs grow any better then lunges or squats... so i like u wasting ur money and when ur done and you can't be bothered training no more give the equipment to me.

I guess we all waste our money on something at one time or another, some on equipment and others on chemicals, zayd687.
Say hi to your mum for me.

Most of them are very simple bits of equipment that require you to start at the bottom position which requires a bit of assistance from the arms to get the damn thing moving on the first lift-off.