• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Outline of Dave Palumbo's Diet For Cutting

I have to laugh on this forum sometimes, almost all of the so-called bro science has come about from people trying it or previous body builders doing it and getting results from it, just listen to the advice from someone like Tony Doherty or Charles Glass etc etc, still claim old school ways which many on hear would be claiming bullshit bro science as there is no scientific study to prove or disprove this

Spot on mate....and most of the people who are calling everyone at for following bro-science are getting the worst results haha cough skinny with abs cough

There are always two sides to every story, the positive as well as the negative. Your best bet as a bodybuilder would be to insure the positives always outweigh the negatives…, over a set time period.

Rather than focus my attention on the calorie deficit I would incur during my cardio session, I would much rather shine the light at what could possibly occurs after the completion of that session.

Everyone on here has a valid point as far as eating (or drinking something rather) prior to the cardio session or abstaining from doing so and opting for a fasted state cardio instead. I say that with some knowledge of two major players affecting our physiology, namely the two antagonist and extremely powerful hormones, insulin and glucagon.

I’d ponder over the macro instead of the micro picture and look at the above with what would be the ultimate way that would speed my metabolism due to placing it in an EPOC (Excess Post exercise Oxygen Consumption) state.

Fadi.

There are always two sides to every story, the positive as well as the negative. Your best bet as a bodybuilder would be to insure the positives always outweigh the negatives…, over a set time period.

Rather than focus my attention on the calorie deficit I would incur during my cardio session, I would much rather shine the light at what could possibly occurs after the completion of that session.

Everyone on here has a valid point as far as eating (or drinking something rather) prior to the cardio session or abstaining from doing so and opting for a fasted state cardio instead. I say that with some knowledge of two major players affecting our physiology, namely the two antagonist and extremely powerful hormones, insulin and glucagon.

I’d ponder over the macro instead of the micro picture and look at the above with what would be the ultimate way that would speed my metabolism due to placing it in an EPOC (Excess Post exercise Oxygen Consumption) state.

Fadi.

You have a good habit of explaining things without actually giving any conclusion whatsoever

It's terribly annoying

You have a good habit of explaining things without actually giving any conclusion whatsoever

It's terribly annoying
Now that's a bit surprising coming from you Oni! Are you perhaps suggesting I be on one side of the fence or the other ... or are you displeased with something else altogether?

PS: I'm leaving the conclusion for you to draw mate.

Fadi.

Now that's a bit surprising coming from you Oni! Are you perhaps suggesting I be on one side of the fence or the other ... or are you displeased with something else altogether?

I just don't have a clue what point you're trying to make here other than "diet in the most efficient way"

So what are you even on about?
You're being even more cryptic than usual
Okay, if my using of the terms macro and micro has thrown you off track, then I'm sorry mate. I used the terms to suggest one looks at the bigger picture rather than the smaller one, that is all Oni.

I specifically highlighted the words: during and after to indicate to where in my opinion the importance of this whole eat/drink something before cardio or not lies. In other words, it's not about what occurs during my intense cardio session that I'm really concerned with, but instead, it's what could occur after (with the burning of calories) that I'm really concerned with.

See, no mentioning of diets here anywhere :)!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Bazza you need to think outside the box here

Look at all the benefits of fasted training

This means you can have a lower deficit with the same recovery as a higher deficit

It's not hard to figure this shit out. You need to actually sit down and think about these things instead of blurting out the first thing that comes into your head

We have several studies that show increased performance with the same amount of calories. So with lower calories you'll get the same performance

You posted studies that don't even agree with your point. lol. Moron.

Mate. Take your shirt off. Now look in the mirror and realise you are a fucking homo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit oni, is there not a thread where you dont just piss someone off with your stupid ramblings and studys lol my feed is full of people having a crack at you

Holy shit oni, is there not a thread where you dont just piss someone off with your stupid ramblings and studys lol my feed is full of people having a crack at you

Last week you wanted to suck his dick, what happened princess you fall out of love?

I just asked Fadi what he was talking about
It was very ambiguous

The thing is 0ni, you think in absolutes, percentages, numbers etc. so it's no wonder that you don't comprehend, it's completely alien to you.
But that's OK, it's who you are.

maybe
I just didn't see the point in the comment. "I care about what happens after". Well, so what. Most people focus on the result of what they're doing

maybe
I just didn't see the point in the comment. "I care about what happens after". Well, so what. Most people focus on the result of what they're doing

In the context of the conversation, What's more important is feeding your body after a workout, not during or before.

It doesn't really work like that though
I think what is more important is whatever you're doing 99% of the time

It's so complicated, I try and figure it out but there is always something else. It's worse than test cricket.
What I do know for sure though is that the body needs a surplus of BCAA in the blood steam when you're training to minimise breakdown of cells. But this doesn't mean you need to eat or drink something, you could just have this surplus incidentally lol

Now I just try and rack up as much of a deficit as possible without affecting recovery. Which always amounts to eating less than I currently am, 99% of the time. Fasted cardio seems like a good idea but I'm not comfortable with fasted weight training as there is no real evidence that it's protein sparing

If glycogen is depleted, 100%, as is common in dieting, eating carbs will not be burned but used to refill glycogen for some reason. Fats however will. Protein seems to be turned to glucose and then used to refill glycogen

idk its so confusing, it's like trying to figure out the weather pattern on jupiter, I give up with it now and will take the broscience approach and just take note of any correlations when I make a change

Soooo your not going with the 3kg chicken wings per day then some sort of keto backload then a carb back load then dropping your cals to 1000 then back up again then trying to lift then being 6 percent???

Im reallt into brad schoenfeld at the moment fuck he knows his shit, him alan aragon and jason bourne done an awsome 4 video series the last couple of days best vids ive watched in regard to
Nutrition